Why would you spend $100 on a Surefire incan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cplusplus

Newly Enlightened
$100 incan I mean I can get something better from 4Sevens for $50. Is there a reason why Surefire still sells them? Why can't they just stick LED modules in to there Incan models.

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been watching the threads you start and also your post's cplusplus, but I never looked into your profile, which says you're 15, I guess that explains it.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
$100 incan I mean I can get something better from 4Sevens for $50. Is there a reason why Surefire still sells them? Why can't they just stick LED modules in to there Incan models.

If any company sells a product, that means there is demand for it. You may prefer $50 LED but there are people out there prefer $100 incand.

Not everybody likes green color. Some people like blue.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
One reason I still like SF incans, I've had more LED lights fail on me than I've had SF incan lights fail or blow bulbs. The electrical circuit in most incan lights is very very simple, not much to go wrong. If the bulb does go out, you replace the bulb for $15-20. If the $50 LED light fails, you have an expensive paperweight.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
I wouldn't spend $100+ on an incandescent light, but then again I wouldn't spend $100+ on an LED light, either. Lots of people here though would and do, so that's why both are made.

Regarding my unwillingness to spend $100 on a lght, that's because for me it's more fun buy something for <$20 from DX or KD, then mod it as needed. Also, my financial situation precludes spending $100 on a light. If others here wish to spend $100 or even $1000 on a light, that's their business. If anything, I benefit indirectly when some of the cutting edge features on high-end lights trickle down to lower-priced ones.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
This topic has been done to death... My bet is it won't make the end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.