Is this possible? Romisen RC-C6 content

mikemcnair

Newly Enlightened
i would like my romisen to be a SINGLE mode. i am great with electronics and micro soldering, and i feel i can make this happen.

here is what i have....

http://www.shiningbeam.com/servlet/the-162/Romisen-RC-dsh-C6-II-R2/Detail

"* This is the customized version of the RC-C6, which uses a brighter WC tint Cree XR-E R2 LED
* This customized version has 2 modes: High and medium, about 30% brighter than the regular model

* Tactical momentary-on forward switch
* Water resistant design
* Aluminum alloy casing
* Using a convex lens which enable the output beam from flood to throw
* Compatible 1x CR123A
* Runs fine with 1 x RCR123A Li-ion, but not recommended by manufacturer
* 2 modes: Medium and High
* ShiningBeam.com is the only store carries this model of light

Dimensions: 3.32 in x 0.75 in x 1.1 in
Weight: 1.95 oz"

so, can i modify this to be single mode? ( HIGH ONLY)

is it possible?

i look forward to hearing from all of you.

thanks!

Michael

moderator007

Enlightened
Contact bryan at shiningbeam he would probably know how the med and high modes are achieved. Could be resistor or could be ic such as attiny13. He's add says he's the only seller so maybe he ordered it that way. If you can take it apart and give us a pic of the driver someone here might be able to help. The tailcap could also have a resistor with a on,on off switch. Bryan would be my first thing to try.

mikemcnair

Newly Enlightened
thanks double O, i talk to BRYAN on the daily ;)

he's my go to guy for all things lithing, but he feels the heat would be an issue. since i use the light in such short blasts (typically looking for trespassers etc) i want the FARTHEST throw EVER, and still want the light to be this size. its GREAT, fits in my pocket like no other, and is brigh, but i really feel i could go MORE MORE MORE!!!