AA similar to quark?

Timy

Newly Enlightened
Im looking for a single AA flashlight.

I love my quark AA, but two things. One a 14500 3.6v battery actually was dimmer than the stock AA it came with, and now the moonlight and other hidden modes arent working.

Their CS isnt very impressive either, its bordering on accusing when all I did was unscrew the bezel like the instructions say to change modes.

Im not opposed to 123 batteries, but AA sure is easy to find.

thanks for any help.

flasherByNight

Enlightened
by "bezel" do you mean the retaining ring in the tailcap?
The modes issue definitely sounds like a tailcap problem, ie try changing the depth of the retaining ring...takes a lot of trial and error.

(I just use a pair of needle nose pliers if you don't have the proper pliers).

If you have another quark you can try swapping it out...if not, they do sell replacement tailcaps

(then again it's definitely supposed to be brighter on 14500's, I"m assuming you've tried other 14500's/made sure it was charged/still viable etc)

Last edited:

Napalm

Enlightened
If you're living in US and looking for exemplary CS, check Surefire.

If you're looking for a well made light at a reasonable price, and accept difficulties with offshore CS, check Sunwayman and buy from a dealer that accepts DOA returns.

Nap.

Timy

Newly Enlightened
hey flash thanks for the response

sorry I may have gotten the terminology wrong

I mean I unscrewed what holds the silver thing and lense, that changes the modes from high to moonlight

Timy

Newly Enlightened
hey flash thanks for the response

sorry I may have gotten the terminology wrong

I mean I unscrewed what holds the silver thing and lense, that changes the modes from high to moonlight

flasherByNight

Enlightened
probably need to tighten it down, usually they prescribe that as a troubleshooting method. not sure why that would provoke their ire

anethema

Newly Enlightened
The whole head unscrews to change modes, not just any bezel etc. Like the entire assembly above the battery tube.

It should definitely be brighter on a 14500. Like almost double the Lumens. It wont look twice as bright due to how your eyes work, but it should be very noticeably brighter.

Also to play counterpoint on the CS issue, I've had amazing experiences with their CS myself.

Nicrod

Flashaholic
If u own a voltmeter u should check to make sure your 14500 is holding the proper voltage. It most definatly is much much brighter on 14500 than 1.5/1.7 cells. Remember these lights have a ten year warranty so if it is defective get it fixed
Or replaced. Their CS is usually very good. I wish u best of luck. I love all my 47's lights. Especially my AA2 body with 2-14500's with the high voltage head. Talk about bright! And great run time too. Take care.

Nick