Post your Surefire UB3T serial number registry

iapyx

Enlightened
An imitation of DimeRazorback's 'post your Surefire LX2 registry' only this time it's about the UB3T. There are more around by now since every now and then a new UB3T-thread from someone receiving his/her light pops up. If the mods allow it, and I don't see why not, please let's see what 'we' (CPF-people) have so far. One rule: pic or it didn't happen. Well, if possible. So pjandyho yours is valid.
DSC_5910.jpg

I'll start:
X00100 LightJunk (rare pre-market version 400 lumen prototype)
A00075 selfbuilt
A00097 iapyx
A00185 DimeRazorback
A00217 glevum
A00238 schmanto
A00343 pjandyho
B00867 socom1970
B01195 Donn_
B01491 ABTOMAT
B01597 sbbsga
B02675 ganymede
B02902 pulstar
B03391 Sean
B03398 7histology
B037XX u2u
B03865 FPSRelic
[A00093 Eric242 - his UB3T is sold and not anymore within the cpf-community]

Last edited:

iapyx

Enlightened
Weekend :bumpit:

C'mon guys, post here your serial of this killer light.

DimeRazorback
pjandyho
MSaxatilus
SC-Texas
Dr. FM
Rotophoto
Vox Clamatis in Deserto

You all got one.... :)

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh man.. I am just too tired to take a picture now and post it up. Anyway, I believe you have seen mine so I hope it counts.

A00343

u2u

Newly Enlightened
B037XX, new optics, purchased December 2012 from a fresh shipment just in from Surefire. Interesting how the dates and serial numbers vary.

iapyx

Enlightened
B037XX, new optics, purchased December 2012 from a fresh shipment just in from Surefire. Interesting how the dates and serial numbers vary.

u2u, do you have a pic of your serial number? Does anyone know, just like LightJunk wonders, why the XX serial number?

LightJunk

Enlightened
Thanks for the reply iapyx. u2u put the XX serial number because he didn't want to reveal the digits.

What I meant was the alphabet in front with the X follower by 5 digits ie X01234. Maybe it's the first release but I'm just wondering are the specs different from the current one. It's the one without the "UB3T" on the body like the pictures.

Surefire-UB3T-Invictus%C2%AE-Ultra-High-Variable-Output-LED-Range-Master-Tactical-Gear.jpg

Most I saw has the UB3T on the body like below.

cimg0387.jpg

I checked the internet and there are a few models, the 400, 600 & 800 lumens version.

iapyx

Enlightened
LightJunk, I had an idea that that was what you did, putting 'XX' at the end to not reaveal its digits. I wonder why you wouldn't want to do that, but that's just me.

400, 600 and 800 lumen versions?? I don't think so. As far as I know there are two versions. Both 800 lumens. The only difference is the different optics. The first few have a narrower beam AFAIK. But Correct Me If I Am Wrong.
The 400 and 600 lumen versions you mention never came out. The UB3T was to have 400 lumen at first then 600 lumen. It was delayed and delayed and delayed and finally it would come out. Yet there was another delay. Newer LED with an output of 800 lumen. So, 800 lumen max and this never changed. Again, CMIIAW

LightJunk

Enlightened
iapyx, I searched e**y and there are 3 versions on sale. 400, 600 and 800 lumens. After reading your reply, I'm more confused now.

I searched CPFMP and came out with this the 400 lumens version. That's the one I'm talking about. Without the UB3T lettering on the body.

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?263748-Surefire-UB3T-Invictus-(400-lumens-Version)

I hope I'll be getting the 800 lumens version one. I just bought a used one with the X in front of the serial number which happens to look like the one in the link above.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I may be wrong, but with some level of strong conviction, and almost 100% certainty, I say that I don't think there was a 400 lumen UB3T in the first place. AFAIK it was already 800 lumen when it first came to the market. The 400 lumen marking you see on the box could be printed there way before Surefire decided to change the actual specs to 800 lumens. As what iapyx had said, the 400 and 600 lumen version got scrapped even before it came into production. All I know was the M3LT used to go for 400 lumen and got upgraded to 800 lumen when the UB3T came out. I prefer the tint color of the older 400 lumen M3LT though.

LightJunk

Enlightened
I may be wrong, but with some level of strong conviction, and almost 100% certainty, I say that I don't think there was a 400 lumen UB3T in the first place. AFAIK it was already 800 lumen when it first came to the market. The 400 lumen marking you see on the box could be printed there way before Surefire decided to change the actual specs to 800 lumens. As what iapyx had said, the 400 and 600 lumen version got scrapped even before it came into production. All I know was the M3LT used to go for 400 lumen and got upgraded to 800 lumen when the UB3T came out. I prefer the tint color of the older 400 lumen M3LT though.

That's what I gathered from the net, only 800 lumens version were released into the market. The box stated 400 lumens, that's why I'm not convinced. Since both of you are almost 100% certain then I'm with you guys.

Thanks iapyx :thumbsup: & pjandyho :thumbsup: Really appreciate the replies and infos. Now I can sleep soundly with 800 lumens in mind :lolsign:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's what I gathered from the net, only 800 lumens version were released into the market. The box stated 400 lumens, that's why I'm not convinced. Since both of you are almost 100% certain then I'm with you guys.

Thanks iapyx :thumbsup: & pjandyho :thumbsup: Really appreciate the replies and infos. Now I can sleep soundly with 800 lumens in mind :lolsign:
I do hope that I am right. Don't worry too much about it and start playing with it.

iapyx

Enlightened
LightJunk, I checked that link of yours. The least I can say is that it's weird to see the box says 400. As far as I know there never was/has been a 400 lm version. Why don't you call Surefire and ask them.don't mail them. CALL them. They can give you the right info. 400 lumen would really surprise me. It can't be, but again just ask them.

Edit: look on e**y, you'll see it says 400 lumen, but when you have a closer look at the specs it says from 2-800 lumen. I'm now even more convinced there are only 800 lm versions.

Last edited:

LightJunk

Enlightened
LightJunk, I checked that link of yours. The least I can say is that it's weird to see the box says 400. As far as I know there never was/has been a 400 lm version. Why don't you call Surefire and ask them.don't mail them. CALL them. They can give you the right info. 400 lumen would really surprise me. It can't be, but again just ask them.

Edit: look on e**y, you'll see it says 400 lumen, but when you have a closer look at the specs it says from 2-800 lumen. I'm now even more convinced there are only 800 lm versions.

Yes I just noticed that whatever the box says the specs is still the same 2-800 lumens. So you guys are right.

Latest posts