Abelight/Surefire LX2 and E1B Rainbow Trout Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
I searched here on CPF but didn't find an earlier thread unless perhaps the brand name was spelled differently. I stumbled across these Surefire special editions on several fly fishing dealer websites.

I won't paste a link but you can find these lights using your favorite search engine.

From the main dealer web page:

The AbeLight LX2 by SureFire is available in six finishes: matte green, matte brown, brook trout, tarpon, brown trout and rainbow trout.

The pictures of the trout finishes look spectacular to me.

The web page has a drop down menu that indicates that the lights are available as LX2's and E1B's.

More proof SF can do great ano, I complained here about my calico early LX2 (and then bought two more;)).

I realize that SF has done special finishes and PK editions previously and doled them out to reward loyal aficianados and customers who help promote the brand. In the past, folks here have bragged about their purple and orange Surefires that came in the mail from PK. Some of these lights later show up on the Marketplace for hundreds of dollars or more.

Are these recent special edition SF's like the 911 lights and the Abelights a new trend in SF product placement or are they just a retail extension of the small novelty line that has catered to collectors and favorite customers for years?

Whatever they are, they look great.

Just found the earlier fish light thread from a post here a few hours ago:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?314581-Fishy-Surefires

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.