Surfire E1B

DTrain

Newly Enlightened
What do you guys think of this light?
http://www.surefire.com/E1B-Backup

It's on my companies list of 10yr service awards to pick from... Really about the only thing I am interested in anyways :)

I guess for me, its primary use would be for hunting.

Last edited:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
The E1B is one of SF's finest...and only one of two of there LED lights to offer a "High First" for self defense applications. Plus, the E1B's drivers allow it to power up when other LED lights have given up the ghost...I'm on my 3rd one...not because they have failed, but because I have gotten rid of them and ALWAYS had to have another...awesome light!

Ajax517

Newly Enlightened
Carrot and Angel said it well.

I wish my company gave stuff like this for 10yrs...I would get another one in a heartbeat.

WDR65

Enlightened
I think its one of the best Surefire's made. In all honesty I measure any single cell light I buy against it and I still haven't found one to replace it yet. Compliment yes, replace no.

geckoblink

Newly Enlightened
I think its one of the best Surefire's made. In all honesty I measure any single cell light I buy against it and I still haven't found one to replace it yet. Compliment yes, replace no.
+1 Although for me it's the 1xCR123 yardstick only, not all single cells.

DTrain

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys! I put in my request for the Surefire E1B flashlight. Can't wait to get it and try it out.

Acid87

Enlightened
Absolutely amazing light. Can't agree more with the guys above. The throw is pretty hefty for such a small light. Add to that the F04 diffuser and it's a great all round light.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont think you will regret it. IMO, the single best Surefire made. Awesome throw from a small light. Good runtime in both modes. The E1b even works well with a 2xAA alkaline setup if you can get the right body or extenders. Been carrying mine almost everyday for over 2 1/2 years now. Even with the stuff that is available now, it want be retired anytime soon.

flasherByNight

Enlightened
these threads always remind me I should revisit the E1b attached to my rear truck door that I haven't used since I relegated it back there (like 5 years ago lol)

Darvis

Enlightened
The absolute right choice and an awesome light. Plus, you just can't find your way in the dark with Cross pen...

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depending what you've had, though either way, this is a terrific light.

radu1976

Enlightened
I know I will upset some SF fans here - I am one of them considering I have 2 x E1Bs + 2 x E1Ls and an LX2 with E2E body and tailcap -
However , take a look at the ITP SC1 ELUMA XP-E R2 - 1xCR123 format -
- smaller than a E1B
- more modes and it has memory mode while E1B always starts on HIGH
- better throw - about 15% more lux comparative to a E1B, almost 6,000 lux vs 5,000 lux although true, hotspot is smaller - but also better overall output : around 140-150 lumens vs 110 lumens of the E1B
- so the efficiency is better for the SC1 as the runtime with a RCR123 is both for the same lights, about 40 min . True, E1B runs longer and in much better regulation with a primary CR123
- price of 40$ vs 100$+
- same FWD and protuded easy to press clicky .
What did I miss here ? SUREFIRE lifetime warranty and better build quality ? I agree !
But I think that the SC1 pocket rocket is a more convenient buy ! Why do I own SUREFIREs ? Because I love them while I only like the ITP SC1 .

Last edited:

beach honda

Enlightened
The OP asked about the light not because he was considering buying it, but because his company was giving out a 10 year service award. Looks as though he had a catalogue of items to choose from and this light happened to be one of the listed items.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah tell your company where they can shove that e1b! 10 years? Demand an iTp! I gave my dad an e1b for christmas last year, and it's pretty much just a table decoration- don't know if it would take brighter or smaller for him to actually carry one, but it is a nice light. Smaller, with softer edges, & more tapered than the l1 for example.

n LX2 with E2E body and tailcap
quick Ot radu, but you don't by chance just get one mode (high) that way do you? Just curious.