I got a TCR2!

tony22

Newly Enlightened
I always wanted a Ti light so I emailed JetBeam and asked if they had any left. They responded and said they had just one remaining so I bought it. I just got it today and tried it out. Yes it is a bit of flashlight jewelery but it works great. It's one of the original numbered series and not the second "VIP" series. I have to wonder, though, about something that I'm hoping other owners can respond to.

The warranty card does not have the same serial number as the engraving on the head. Has this happened to anyone else? Are they supposed to match?

I'm also curious as to why the JetBeam website still shows the TCR2 listed as available if I really got the last one. :thinking: Not that that matters really; I would have bought one anyway.

tony22

Newly Enlightened
Hmpf. The box has yet a different serial number. Is this normal?

Mtbmurf

Newly Enlightened
I always wanted a Ti light so I emailed JetBeam and asked if they had any left. They responded and said they had just one remaining so I bought it. I just got it today and tried it out. Yes it is a bit of flashlight jewelery but it works great. It's one of the original numbered series and not the second "VIP" series. I have to wonder, though, about something that I'm hoping other owners can respond to.

The warranty card does not have the same serial number as the engraving on the head. Has this happened to anyone else? Are they supposed to match?

I'm also curious as to why the JetBeam website still shows the TCR2 listed as available if I really got the last one. :thinking: Not that that matters really; I would have bought one anyway.

Last digits of serial on my card is 139, my light is 061.... I assume they are not supposed to match

flashlight nut

Enlightened
I did a quick check. The warranty card does not match the serial # but I do not know if this is normal or not. The box does match the light on mine though. Congratulations anyway. A great light.

tony22

Newly Enlightened
Last digits of serial on my card is 139, my light is 061.... I assume they are not supposed to match

Mitch, if you still have the box could you take a look at that too? Thanks

flashlight_nut and Mitch, thanks for the info. I guess that means JetBeam didn't spend a whole lot of time trying to match up the bits. Seems a bit odd to me, but what do I know? Anyway, now that it's nice and dark it's off to test!

tony22

Newly Enlightened
There should be a small white rectangular label on the left side that says TC-R2 xxx, with the xxx being the serial number (as in xxx out of 500).