E2DL

fenix-rules

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone, i finally got my e2dl and i love it, i just have a few questions. I dont have too much experience with surefires the only other one ive owned is the LX2 so forgive me if these are somewhat obvious.
1. The first question is about the anodizing, the anodizing is flat black and has a matte finish it feels almost like a cerakote, is this normal?
2. The next question is about the little cloud and lightning bolt on the box, does this mean weatherproof? i double checked on the website and i cant find anything saying its weatherproof. That having been said what tail cap would make the light submerge able for at least 10 mins?
Thanks for your time everyone! lovecpf

fenix-rules

Newly Enlightened
i know its type III it just feels so different from any anodizing ive felt before, the sno on the LX2 was also unique, but the e2d's feels crazy tough.
any comments on the weather-proof question?

Viper715

Enlightened
I believe the cloud and lightning bolt indicates "splash" or weather proof. Although not advisable as it's nit a dive light I've had everyone if my surefires swimming at one point or another including a e2dl and have yet to have a major problem. The only issue I ever had was water penetrating to the o ring on a c2 but it did nit get to the inside and I had that light between 3-20 feet for about an hour.

twdant

Newly Enlightened
I've had my E2DL underwater at depths of 0-30 feet for half a day noodling before with absolutely no problems. However, your results may vary.

Latest posts