Pyrex replacement lens for 6P?

JH225

Newly Enlightened
Does Surefire sell JUST the Pyrex lens for the 6P (new style)? I am going to put an A19 along with a HOL on my 6P, but am worried about melting the plastic lens. I know I can get a replacement bezel w/Pyrex lens, but there is no need for me to change the bezel.

Does anyone have the Part #'s?

nihraguk

Enlightened
the bezel that comes with your 6P can only except a lexan lens. this is because the lexan lens is installed by a press-fit method. i don't think a pyrex lens can be installed, since it is incapable of flexing like a lexan lens is. i'm afraid the only way is to get a C2 pyrex bezel.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I've melted several lens' with the P91. Although replacing the lexan lens was easy and cheap, after a few times I realized that a 6P pyrex bezel would have been paid for already. Doh.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is money well spent I got both an M2 SI Pyrex bezel and a C2 bezel for my 6P and love both.

Size15's

Flashaholic
There is no SureFire kit to remove the "ring" on the G2 or similar bezels.

There are kits to replace the Lexan lenses of the Classic 6P (Z17), Z32 (Z19) and 8X (Z30).

The "current" standard bezel with Pyrex lens comes in HA or BK. I don't recall the part numbers but the HA version is the Z44.

Al

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Thanks Al. Is there any replacement parts as it relates to the lens for the G2 or do you need to purchase an entirely new bezel if the original one gets damaged?

Size15's

Flashaholic
Yes, if your bezel breaks or is damaged you best course of action is to call SureFire and explain what happened. Best case is they send you a replacement for free. Worst case is they give you the details of how to order a replacement part from your friendly SureFire Dealer.

Al

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
this_is_nascar,

Flashlightlens.com can put a UCL in your G2. I don't have any idea how much he would charge, but he was selling an entire new G2 w/ UCL for $40 shipped, so I'm sure he'd be reasonable: on the order of $10 or $15 or so I'd guess, which is what a G2Z pyrex bezel would cost ($14) if SureFire would sell it to you.