Stainless steel lights

tony22

Newly Enlightened
I've been wondering if a SS light would be a better choice for EDC than anodized Al. I know there's the Fenix LD01-SS out there, but what other EDC type lights are available in stainless?

Erzengel

Enlightened
I use a 4Sevens Preon ReVo in Stainless steel on my keychain. The big advantage of the material is that You don't see scratches, like You see on anodized lights used on a keychain.

Rifle-Man

Newly Enlightened
4Sevens Preon ReVO SS is a good-looking, tough litle light. I've been EDCing one for a couple months now - I love it.

mrfluffy

Newly Enlightened
I'm quite a fan of the Aurora SH032 from DX. It's an 18650 light, so some might consider it a bit long for an EDC, but it's a fairly smooth barrel just 23mm across, so sits nicely in a jeans pocket. Bought 2 of them, use one as stock, the other modded with aspheric lens and a XM-L LED.

Really like stainless steel flashlights, just the extra weight makes them feel so solid. Plus, you can just polish out any scratches, so they always look good.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Klarus has some nice current-regulated SS lights in AAA and AAAA. Very small, and nice looking. Compares well to Preon Revo SS.

dougw

Newly Enlightened
How about the ITP A3 in SS ? An AAA key chain light that stands up very well to banging around with keys adns such.

conquer

Banned
Ray S20.

Single mode twisty, properly one-hand-able, runs of 10440 at over 200 lumens. Bead blasted stainless steel, so feels great and just does not scuff up.

I love mine, simple UI, cheap price (see MP deal to order)

Ian2381

Enlightened
How about the ITP A3 in SS ? An AAA key chain light that stands up very well to banging around with keys adns such.
+1 have this in my keychain for quite a while until I lost it, together with the keys. Ouch...

HKJ

Flashaholic
There are many AAA light in steel and some in titanium, I have compared many of them:

Beamshot%20AAA%20lights%202011-07%20UK.html

mrlysle

Enlightened
The LD01 in SS is always around my neck on a lanyard. No probs with sweat, etc. As archimedes suggested, have a long look at Peaks' offerings. I have the Logan QTC in stainless and it's really bombproof. Keep in mind though, that SS is generally pretty heavy if that matters to you. The Logan in a front pocket feels like your carrying a brick in there! Even the little LD01 makes it's presence known. I recently picked up one of the DQG tiny AAA lights in SS. Now thats a sweet little gem! Stainless is definitely a lifetime material with no worries about finish scratches and what not, but it is heavier than the other stuff to be sure. Good luck in your search.

tony22

Newly Enlightened

I thought the A3 was only available in Ti, and that the A2 was SS (not counting the Al normal models).

syncytial

Newly Enlightened
I thought the A3 was only available in Ti, and that the A2 was SS (not counting the Al normal models).

Not so... The ITP A3 EOS has been available (and older versions can still be found) in SS, Ti, Al (black, blue, red, purple, gold) with different emitters (XP-E Q5, XP-G R5 & S2), and single or three-mode, with MLH or LMH for order of brightness in the three mode version, .

I've carried an SS version as part of my daily load-out since the end of 2009. I recently lost/misplaced it (rats!) and switched to my spare (same). I'm considering ordering another, even though there are newer versions, since it performed admirably, still looked as new, and is reasonably priced without being so "cheap" that it's failure-prone. Later versions do have a higher PWM frequency though.

Recently, Olight (the parent company) has announced the ITP line is being folded into Olight's offerings and newer versions are being released as Olights.

- Syncytial.

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
Are Peaks only available direct now? I tried searching for a Baltic and a Matterhorn and etailers who even had them listed showed them as discontinued.

Both of those models are indeed discontinued. If you are US-based, try Bob at RMSK, otherwise (international) should contact Curt at Peak directly.