Best 2X Cr123 or 18650

Bruno28

Enlightened
His flashlight hobby has really got me, already bought 2 lights in a month and need a new one.

I was looking for the brightest and best flashlight that uses a 18650 battery.
I've had a look at Jetbeam 3M Xml and Klarus XT10.
What other lights have great build quality and design???
At least 3 modes would be a good plus, and stone would be a double plus.

Thanks!

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
A question like this will open the door to almost as many answers as there are members! Still, there are many knowledgeable members and all are only too happy to share.

What do you want the light to do? Brightest I understand, but bright flood? Bright with long throw? Cool tint? Warmer tint? What matters most is what you like...still, after spending far too much on lights through the years, I find that for sheer awesome 'power', build quality, beam shape and interface, the Zebralight SC600 should be on anyone's short list of XML 18650 lights. Look here. Good luck!!

Yohann

Newly Enlightened
Take a look at the ThruNite Scorpion V2. I pulled the trigger on Monday morning myself, ordered it and should get it by Friday.
The turbo head makes it stealthy (no brand markings).

Bruno28

Enlightened
run4jc said:
A question like this will open the door to almost as many answers as there are members! Still, there are many knowledgeable members and all are only too happy to share.What do you want the light to do? Brightest I understand, but bright flood? Bright with long throw? Cool tint? Warmer tint? What matters most is what you like...still, after spending far too much on lights through the years, I find that for sheer awesome 'power', build quality, beam shape and interface, the Zebralight SC600 should be on anyone's short list of XML 18650 lights. Look here. Good luck!!

I was thinking of a light that has a good long throw, but when close has a wide flood beam. So if you are looking for something at night it is easier that I tight spot.
The LED tint that I like in my opinion is "cool" tint.
I would like to spend no more than $85.

And I already have a tk35, which I got 1 week ago. It's a great light!

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would say Fenix TK15, 4Sevens has some nice ones but are a bit more expensive.

Bruno28

Enlightened
fnsooner said:

I don't know why but I just don't like the zebra lights. I think it's because I prefer the flashlights with the tail cap switch and not on the body.
What about other brands out there?

fnsooner

Enlightened
What about other brands out there?

The Solarforce L2T is a nice light. Bright and reasonably priced and has a tail cap switch. I have a couple of them. The ZL SC600 is a lot smaller though.

Last edited:

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd recommend Skilhunt Defier X1, Lumintop ED20(both tailcap switch).

If you don't mind side switch, Zebra SC600, Spark SL6S-NW740NW or SL6S-800CW

are nice torch as well.

Last edited:

Bruno28

Enlightened
I would like some opinions of theses two lights:
1. Sunwayman V20c
2. Klarus XT10

If you could choose any of the two which one would it be?
And why?

Bruno28

Enlightened
I just bought a klarus xt10 !
That's the third flashlight within a month! I better stop for a while now! Hahah

samhane

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a klarus xt10 !
That's the third flashlight within a month! I better stop for a while now! Hahah

I think you'll like it a lot. I bought mine in July and so far I have to say I really like it it goes to work with me everyday use it at night while out with the dog. Used it throughout Hurricane Irene while power was out. I love the ease of the 2 button interface I just wanted a simple bright light with high, med, low, and strobe pretty efficient and decent with battery life plus it's a pretty light. The high is perfect for what I need it for in distance throw and flood area and the strobe is great but convicts hate it though.

The holster is better than I thought it would be and is good for recreational/light use although I didn't get the same holster that came with the XT10 from the review candlepower posted. That's a nice holster and if I got that one I wouldn't have ordered another holster for duty work. For duty wear or harsher use I bought an Olight M20 holster for $10 shipped and it works perfect for the XT10.

I also bought the ED10 tailcap with the multi mode pressure switch as I plan to buy another XT10 to mount on my house shotgun where I think the XT10 will definitely shine as a home defense light on a shotty. I'd love if they made or will make a more throwing reflector for a more focused and further reaching beam so I can mount one on my SHTF rifle I'd buy the reflector or a 3rd one for that.

Last edited:

Bruno28

Enlightened
I think you'll like it a lot. I bought mine in July and so far I have to say I really like it it goes to work with me everyday use it at night while out with the dog. Used it throughout Hurricane Irene while power was out. I love the ease of the 2 button interface I just wanted a simple bright light with high, med, low, and strobe pretty efficient and decent with battery life plus it's a pretty light. The high is perfect for what I need it for in distance throw and flood area and the strobe is great but convicts hate it though.

The holster is better than I thought it would be and is good for recreational/light use although I didn't get the same holster that came with the XT10 from the review candlepower posted. That's a nice holster and if I got that one I wouldn't have ordered another holster for duty work. For duty wear or harsher use I bought an Olight M20 holster for $10 shipped and it works perfect for the XT10.

I also bought the ED10 tailcap with the multi mode pressure switch as I plan to buy another XT10 to mount on my house shotgun where I think the XT10 will definitely shine as a home defense light on a shotty. I'd love if they made or will make a more throwing reflector for a more focused and further reaching beam so I can mount one on my SHTF rifle I'd buy the reflector or a 3rd one for that.

Awesome, thanks for that!
Its taking so long to arrive. Hopefully it get here next week!