www.pk-engineering.com has a new KL5-7 pic

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
[url]www.pk-engineering.com[/url] has a new KL5-7 pic

The man.

Good ol' times /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: [url]www.pk-engineering.com[/url] has a new KL5-7 pic

BTW, IMHO KL4,5,6,7,8,9 are ***-ugly. I wish they used KL3 body for 5Wrs...

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well I can live with KL5 and KL7, but KL6!!!???? Looks like a beer can on a stick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yep, butt ugly too me too. But the KL6 and KL7 looks good enough /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I prefer KL1 style

jtice

Flashaholic

I like the KL4 style.
But yea, the KL5, 6, and 7 are pretty ugly.

SUREFARC

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
jtice said:
I like the KL4 style.
But yea, the KL5, 6, and 7 are pretty ugly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed! But I can live with them.

Hey Shelby, how's everything going with the site? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast

PK has good taste in clothing and makes the very best lights. Wish he were on the ballot for next week's election-He'd get my vote ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

rumar

Newly Enlightened

The KL5, KL6 & KL7 don't look like they have the new scalloped heads while the A2 has a really deep one. I wonder if they are going to offer it in HA II Black. Looks are not my primary consideration for buying it anyway...

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast

Eh?

brightnorm

Flashaholic

The KL5 on a (C2?) looks longer than I expected. Judging by the pic I'd say a good 5.75" making it the longest 2x123 light. I was hoping to run it on my G2 for lighter weight though I'm afraid that would be thermally unwise.

Brightnorm

RevDavid

Enlightened

Hate to run against the grain, but I think those things look awesome! The KL3 is a beautifully detailed head with very eye-catching styling. The KL4, KL5, KL6, KL7, while not quite as "sci-fi" in facade, are destined to be classics in design. The unifying theme is elegant simplicity, gracefully fluted barrels with scalloped bezels... this is the first production series of handheld photon cannons of the twenty-first century that successfully combine technology and art. This is architecture done in miniature. It is functional, and affordable sculpture. If they do a flashlight display in a museum of art a century from now, these will be there!

After spending a lot of time with expensive cameras over the years, I guess I have pretty strong opinions about what is classically styled. Leica IIIG, Leica M (any model), Linhof Technica, Pentax LX, Hasselblad 500 C/M...
and yet, strangely, I have heard these cameras called ugly by some people. I guess beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder.

These head designs are future classics. I hope own a few of them myself. (Actually I hope to own each of them.) I, for one, appreciate the beauty of the designs, and applaud those who have worked on them.

David <><

artar

Enlightened

do we speak about that picture ?

pk-led.jpg

i think this is a very old pic. nothing new.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

well can anyone read chinese?

pk looks as stunning as ever though! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic

This is an older picture. Let's wait and see if any further refinements have been made to the production parts when they come out. That guy in the picture is always moving forward!

- Don

6pOriginal

Enlightened

It says something like "Surefire's key personnel Paul Kim brings flashlights into the new millennium" I am not too good at translating, but you get the idea /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Heck

Enlightened

Anyone know if there will be a L5? or will I have to buy a M2 body and slap on the KL5? Also with that bulk, are we gonna see longer throws with the KL5 and KL6? I'm missing the throw with my L4 right now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

SUREFARC

Enlightened

It's logical to have both the L5/L6 after the L4. But what about the L2?

Size15's

Flashaholic

The "L2" has always been assigned for a different type of flashlight than one with just a replacement LED bezel...

Al

K-T

*Moderator*

[ QUOTE ]
rumar said:
The KL5, KL6 & KL7 don't look like they have the new scalloped heads while the A2 has a really deep one. I wonder if they are going to offer it in HA II Black. Looks are not my primary consideration for buying it anyway...

[/ QUOTE ]

The scalloped bezel of the A2 you are refering to is the A2 Porcupine, it was mainly sold to the Asian market. The scalloped bezel serves as a TID, thus the front end is more pointy - some refer to it as a DNA extractor. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Klaus.

Glow Bug

Enlightened

I think they look great. I am sure they will be kick *** lights. Just waiting to get my hands on one.

Nice work and design PK.