Arc CPF edition compared to LE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have seen a couple of different posts suggesting that the CPF edition is brighter then even an Arc LE. Is this true? I bought a couple of LE's recently, one of which was included in my beam comparison shots to the CMG Sonic. I was pleasently surprised at how much brighter my newly acquired LE's were compared to initial run LE's. I have not bothered purchasing any CPF edition Arc's because I have multiples of LE's on hand already but certainly will if it is determined to be brighter still. I'm hoping Peter, the man himself, will clarify this but meanwhile if other members have both CPF editions and LE's, please speak up and state your comparisons between the two. The price currently is the same for both on the Arc website.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Geepondy...

The three or four CPF Edition Arc AAA`s that I have do seem a touch brighter than most of my Arc LE AAA`s.

The difference is there, but it`s a small difference...and certainly not enough to relegate the Arc LE AAA`s to any type of "second-class" status.

BUT...of course...one can never have too many flashlights, so you should go ahead and get a CPF Edition while they`re still available!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gone Jeepin

Enlightened
I will share my results and observations. My LE is about 10 months old I would guess and I have standards that were purchased at the same time. My CPF 2003 was purchased at the first ordering opportunity. The LE is brighter to the eye than the standards, but shows the same blueish hotspot. It is maybe a little whiter overall vs the standards. The CPF 2003 edition is different vs the LE and standards. The CPF does not have the same pronounced hotspot and the color is more even. It is not as "white" but seems brighter. The throw is the same on all of them but the CPF is more pleasing as a user to me. The finish on both the LE and CPF are excellent. I tend to rate my CPF a little higher because the LED is more off center on my LE. With all that being said, I still use the first standard "AAA" I got on a Berkley Point clip as EDC. It just does the job day in and day out and refuses to be replaced.

DumboRAT

Enlightened
My findings are the same as Jeepin's above.

I just received the CPF Edition two days ago (ordered on Sunday, arrived on Wed! thanks, Peter and staff!), and my AAA Limited Edition is a little less than 7 months old.

The CPF is a gift for a friend.....I'm actually *_this_* close to getting one for myself, too!

=)

Allen
aka DumboRAT

Status
Not open for further replies.