My fungus fighting plan..

Status
Not open for further replies.

fire-stick

Enlightened
Okay, this fungus is trying to take over my whole body.

My mother is a health food nut and she started my on this:

olive leaf extract
oil of oregano extract
apple cider vinegar
garlic pills

What do you guys think? Anything else I could do..?

beerwax

Enlightened
things that have worked for me.

canestan, aloe vera (actual leaf ). but it always comes back,

things that havent worked for me.

alcohol/metho, iodine, NaOH, salt, bleach, gas, thinners, chlorine, UV.

funghi generally like it damp, so if you can keep it dry it may help. but dry wont kill it either.

RBR

Enlightened
Seriously, go to see a dermatologist and don´t tinker around with household remedies on this.

He will be able to identify this fungus, to provide correct and effective treatment and will be able to work out a plan that will really help.

Cheers

RBR

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Seriously, go to see a dermatologist and don´t tinker around with household remedies on this.

He will be able to identify this fungus, to provide correct and effective treatment and will be able to work out a plan that will really help.

Dude, this is the US. Most of us self remedy along until well after things get out of control.

MikeAusC

Enlightened
If you have ANY skin problem, you need to take Zinc tablets (Blackmores Biozinc) to make sure your skin has essential minerals.

I tried everything to get rid of an infection between the toes - a Povidone Iodine powder (EDP) was the only thing that eventually worked.

mattp

Enlightened
I'd forget all the old wives remedies and see a dermatologist. They can do scrapings if need be to culture the offending organism and treat appropriately.

RBR

Enlightened
Dude, this is the US. Most of us self remedy along until well after things get out of control.

O.K., have fun growing this fungus until it becomes an emergency case.

Without professional advise and tools you will have a good chance that it might come that far.

:)

Cheers

RBR

DM51

Flashaholic
1. Carbolic soap + water

Anteater.jpg

Picture29.jpg

bitslammer

Enlightened
Could you be more specific? Athlete's foot, jock itch, ringworm, nail fungus, thrush, histoplasmosis????

There are a myriad of human fungal diseases ranging from the unsightly and annoying to the deadly. If this is topical some of the things you mention may work. If it's systemic then you need to go to a doctor. Many fungal infections are opportunistic and may be an indicator of other issues which would be good to resolve if that's the case.

Okay, this fungus is trying to take over my whole body.

My mother is a health food nut and she started my on this:

olive leaf extract
oil of oregano extract
apple cider vinegar
garlic pills

What do you guys think? Anything else I could do..?

TRITON

Newly Enlightened
G'day,

Have you looked into Colloidal silver-its really good for all sorts of things, get it at health shops or make it yourself-look it up!

MikeAusC

Enlightened
If I was out out in the sun or wind for more than 15 minutes I would always end up with Cold Sores.

I could have applied treatments based on powerful chemicals. I could have gone to a Dermatologist to tell me that once you've got the Virus, you'll just keep getting them.

I can now be out in the wind and sun all day and I get dry lips - but NO Cold Sores. By coincidence, I found that taking Zinc Tablets restored a vital building block that my skin needed to be strong enough to resist attacks.

Australian soils are low in Zinc - Australians have the highest rate of Skin Cancer in the world. Coincidence ? There are plenty of other countries closer to the Equator where people spend lots of time in the sun. Read up on the latest research into Skin Cancer - the cause is more a weakness in the skin caused by lack of vitamins than abnormal exposure.

You're far better off eliminating the cause of a problem rather than fighting attacks - if you can find a doctor focussed on Preventative Medicine, consider yourself lucky.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
O.K., have fun growing this fungus until it becomes an emergency case.

Sorry, wasn't trying to sound macho. I agree with you. But to often, our medical system won't acknowledge you (never mind treat) until it has become a demonstrable emergency.

As a result, we've been conditioned to self treat as much as possible. :sick:

RBR

Enlightened
Sorry, wasn't trying to sound macho. I agree with you. But to often, our medical system won't acknowledge you (never mind treat) until it has become a demonstrable emergency.

As a result, we've been conditioned to self treat as much as possible. :sick:

No problem, no offence.

:)

It was just the logic not to visit a doc because of the costs and to wait instead until things become possibly real expensive.

But i can understand now.

Still learning.

Cheers

RBR

StarHalo

Flashaholic
It was just the logic not to visit a doc because of the costs and to wait instead until things become possibly real expensive.

The US health care system is for-profit, so he'd have to foot the bill just to visit the doctor, then he'd have to pay the full cost for anything that was prescribed. Preventative care is only done by the wealthy who can afford it.

Status
Not open for further replies.