Is there such thing as a 1000 lumen EDC?

Zen Ape

Newly Enlightened
As the question states. I'm wondering if there is an easily pocketable light out there capable of generating a 1000 lumens on Max?

AusKipper

Enlightened
Not off the shelf, but if you look in the customs section you have things like the VanIsle Quad XPG and stuff that probably do it.

archimedes

Flashaholic
As the question states. I'm wondering if there is an easily pocketable light out there capable of generating a 1000 lumens on Max?

I don't know if data is available from an integrating sphere, but I think that the 8th-run XM-L Pocket Rocket (by download) with the U2 bin LED is probably in the 1K lumen ballpark, at least with regard to lamp lumens ....

Last edited:

kt1

Newly Enlightened
Well, out of off-the-shelf lights Zebralight SC600 makes 750 lumens and steps down to 500 after 5 min. For human vision the difference between 750 and 1000 lumens isn't that much.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only is that even if there is and as I understand, there IS, the runtime is usually very short. I have one of those pocket rocket kinda things and it is VERY bright. I think when I bought it I was told it was 800 lumens. Very cool light, BUT, it also gets very hot, very quickly.

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
I EDC an oveready bored and anodized, Surefire 9P with a Moddoo neutral triple.
It is supposed to do 1000 lumens for an hour on 2x18500 batteries.

It's my EDC, carried in holster, but its no where near pocketable