Which one better Olight M3X, Jetbeam M1X, Thrunite Catapult V3, Klarus XT20

tuju77

Newly Enlightened
Hello All,

I'm new to this site and been thinking of getting a new flashlight. I have surefire G3 nitrolon and would like to get the real deal flashlight that will outshine my surefire :devil:.

I've been looking at Olight M3X, Jetbeam M1X, Thrunite Catapult V3, Klarus XT20. I've seen all the review on youtube except klarus xt20 because it is relatively new.
Could anyone recommend me which one of those 4 flashlight is the best?I was told by a guy from goinggear from youtube that M3X is the best performer out of those flashlight.

I need more advice guys :)

Rikr

Newly Enlightened
tuju77,
I have the Catapult V3 and I think it's a great light. I wish I would have known about this one Tiablo A10G R2, I just got the Tiablo A9 R2 Throw King from Kit-Tronics , I have called Kit-Tronics several times and have talked with Greer and he has been so helpful. They also have some other lights I want but I have been spending alot lately. Hope this helps.

nitric

Newly Enlightened
u can check out the eagletac m3c4 single xml with smo reflector. i have one and it is pretty good. a good thrower with generous spills

amraspalantir

Newly Enlightened
we need a in-depth review of the m3x.
selfbuilt has already made excellent reviews of the m1x and cat v3.
hope he does the m3x to complete the circle.:)

also saw a vid review in youtube cat3v vs m3x. the tester said the m3x is slightly brighter than
the v3 at the targetted tree.

Last edited:

houtex

Enlightened
I've compared the Olight with the Thrunite and the O threw farther.

My Thrunite did take a tumble down 20 something feet of concrete stairs and still works.

There is soooooo much to consider. You're just gonna have to pick one.

Do you live near any dealers or is there a gunshow or outdoor retailer show in your area anytime soon?

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
There was quite a good review on the M3x on a russian forum, some few beamshots available across CPF too. Where are you located?

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had all of those lights (except the Klarus) is my posession.

The Jetbeam M1X is by far the weakest of the bunch in both throw and output.

The Olight M3X and Cat V3 are very close to each other in throw and output. The Olight M3X only has two brightness modes (high and low) while the Cat V3 has 4 brightness modes and a strobe mode so the Cat V3 wins there.

If you are going to use cr123 primary cells, the M3X can use 3 or 4 (with extender) for more run time. The Cat V3 can use 2 or 4 (with extender) but the Cat V3 cannot come close to full output on only 2 cr123 cells while the M3X can reach full output on 3 cr123 cells (which makes it smaller and lighter). Both can also use two 18650 cells.

The other light in the catagory is the EagleTac M3C4 single XML. I measured lux @ 10 meters for all 4 of the lights and calculated back to 1 meter. The M3C4 throws farther than all the lights above (by a little) which is also what I see with my eyes. It also has more brightness modes a better UI and is smaller. It uses 4 cr123 cels or 2 18650 cells.

Which is best is up to you and what you are looking for.

Last edited:

bee-man

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have a side by side pic of the Jetbeam M1Xm (xml version) and the Olight M3X? Can anyone comment on output between the two?