Help with a Klarus XT-10 acting up

Mr14hockey

Newly Enlightened
i recently bought my klarus xt10 but i seem to of found a problem that im questioning. I had my xt10 out and using it and at the time i had dropped it into a small puddle of water now it landed softly and no damage (visually) was done to the flashlight i had the O-ring seals on it and i know the light is water proof i oiled the seals and everything but when i picked the light back up to continue using it it developed a mind of its own. Ever since then the light will randomly turn on on its own or if i turn it on itll go into strob randomly ill hit the half moon button to switch it and it will go to any random light out put it chooses. I haved changed the batteries in it thinking it might of been that because of the cr123 batteries i know how sensative they can be but the light continued to act on its own. If you have any advice as to how i could solve this problem of if you think water has gotten in there let me know what i could do to try and fix this its been a day or two so the light should be dry of all water by now idk please give me some help thank

swan

Banned
If you can, take the switch apart and check for water ingress.When the light hit the ground it might of split the rubber switch boot. Check orings at both ends and lube with proper lube ie nyogel or silicon grease,not oil. If you cant take the switch apart, place it under a small lamp for 12hrs to dry it, Just a couple of suggestions other than calling your klarus dealer -marty.

Mr14hockey

Newly Enlightened
i took apart the tail end of it and i found a brownish/rusty brown colored sort of jell it seems its not liquidy but also not that thick. Smells almost like a burning smell is this the result of the water or could it be something else in the flashlight leaking from the drop?