Where do you get your lights?

lovetohunt93

Newly Enlightened
Just like the title says, where do you get your flashlights? What websites are the best for buying flashlights?

Thanks

Tiggercat

Enlightened
Going Gear and 4Sevens in person (both obviously have good web presence), and hid_tactical and Amazon so far on the web.

AaronG

Enlightened
goinggear, 4sevens.com, battery junction, sbflashlights, fenix tactical.

I've had good experience with all of them. 4sevens is nice for international buyers because of the free shipping.

I've heard good things about lighthound but I've never purchased from them.

I had a really bad experience with canada knives.

mattevt

Newly Enlightened
I really like ordering from Lighthound.

I've also ordered from Amazon - love the Prime membership
and 4sevens - free shipping and just one state away :).

I always get my batteries from Battery Junction - best deal on CR123's ever!

I've also ordered two drop-ins from Nailbender here on the boards - great service!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I get older SureFire models off of the CPF MarketPlace. They're just not worth the money they were a few years ago. SureFire refuses to discount, and will often pull Authorized Dealer status from those who do. Once in a rare while, they won't.

Other good sites include Battery Junction, and Lighthound. 4Sevens is good for his brand of lights.

If there's an R.E.I. nearby, you can find some of the better headlamps, along with a handful of Fenix models.

ico

Enlightened
They say 4sevens is good. Specially their free worldwide shipping.

Cpfmarketplace

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are a lot of good dealers mentioned in this thread! My favourite by far is Battery Junction :thumbsup::thumbsup:

ebnub

Newly Enlightened
Amazon for their shipping time with the Prime membership is great. No one likes waiting around for their stuff! Plus their pricing is usually hard to beat. I just ordered a nylon duty holder for my SL Strion LED searching the forum and came across the best deal on Amazon for that as well.

First post! :party:

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
4Sevens
Malkoff Devices
Battery junction
New Graham Knives
SB Flashlights
Action lights
Tactical HID

And some more...

DisrupTer911

Enlightened
fenixgear.com - comes super fast from NY to NJ
sbflashlights - comes pretty quick from them to NJ too.

and lowes for my surefire batteries when I need them lol

Pit boss

Newly Enlightened
I have to say that
Bug out Gear
Battery Junction &
Lighthound is were i get my toys at,

and that they provide excellent customer service.

Hell, Battery Junction even shipped after being hit by Irene.

//Pit boss

mattevt

Newly Enlightened
I have to say that
Bug out Gear
Battery Junction &
Lighthound is were i get my toys at,

and that they provide excellent customer service.

Hell, Battery Junction even shipped after being hit by Irene.

//Pit boss

I was very impressed with Battery Junction's response time in the wake of the Hurricane. I received my order much sooner than expected.

Grizzlyb

Enlightened
In Holland we have a very helpful designed website of "Knives and Tools" (In Europe Edenwebshop).
Nice thing there is, You can more or less filter Your Light by putting in price range, battery type, type of light, lumens, brand, and length.
http://www.knivesandtools.nl/nl/ct/zaklampen.htm (in Dutch only)
So even if You don't know all the brands or models, You can get it pretty close to what You want.
Any other sites do that, real helpful for the noob's.
In English the shop assistent is still under construction, but other parts work well. Nice info and good service.
http://www.knivesandtools.com/en/ct/zaklampen_home.htm ( English )

Last edited:

Pit boss

Newly Enlightened
I was very impressed with Battery Junction's response time in the wake of the Hurricane. I received my order much sooner than expected.

little did i know they were hit, but i got fast answers here, which calmed my nerves.
The day after, my stuff was in the mail. Kudos to B J

davecroft

Enlightened
That's a good question! My first purchases I made from long established Authorised dealers, thinking I would probably get better service, quick returns etc, even though the prices were premium. Unfortunately, buying from an authorised dealer doesn't guarantee a faultless product (why are there so many problems with flashlights anyway??), and it is still a hassle returning them. I have had two flashlights from authorised dealers lately, both of which had to be returned. One was painless, got a refund straight away, the other was a real pain.
So I have just taken the big step (for me) of ordering my next light from a Hong Kong dealer. The prices are very good and his feedback on e-bay is excellent. I'll see how it goes. Delivery is going to take 2 weeks rather than 2 days, but I can wait. I just think that if every time I buy a flashlight it is going to be a gamble, why not just use the cheapest supplier? If I can get a Nitecore D11 from the other side of the world for less than £40 with free shipping, why does a dealer in this country charge £50? Maybe this time next week I will know the answer!