Fenix LD20 Switch Problem

Delkancott

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

First post here.

So to supplement my SF 6P LED, I purchased a used (with known corrosion issue) Fenix LD20 on the cheap. Although it was corroded it didnt seem too bad. I neutralized it and tried to get the light working. At first it worked, then it didn't. So, to avoid frustration at the time I put it away.

Fast forward two months. I took the light back up, decided to read some more about potential problems and while doing so discovered a test using a screwdriver to complete the circuit without the switch. Voila! It worked. So now, I had read something about tightening the switch, it was a little loose, I did that. No better. Then, I went all in, took the switch apart and found a bunch of gunk. Cleaned that, reassembled, retightened. Worked very well, not great, but well. I was happy.

Fast forward two days, not working again. Now, do I need to clean the switch itself again? If so, with what? Also, I was curious if there was a place to buy replacement switches new?

Thanks and sorry for the long post.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if you can buy a replacement switch. If after disassembling and cleaning it still won't work, take a good look at the switch itself. Find one like it and *switch* them out. I've done that on several lights with bad switches. My guess is if you email Fenix or a Fenix dealer you can buy a switch.

Delkancott

Newly Enlightened
4sevens sells complete spare fenix lxd tailcaps with switch and cover for 12 USD here http://www.4sevens.com/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=219

I don't have one anymore but I think that the size for the LxD and LDx are the same...maybe someone else could verify.

Can anyone confirm this? I cleaned the switch again this morning and got some good corrosion off it, but it's still not working. Also, if anyone knows where to get them second hand, I cannot yet post in CPFMP so I'm seeking alternate options.

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can anyone confirm this? I cleaned the switch again this morning and got some good corrosion off it, but it's still not working. Also, if anyone knows where to get them second hand, I cannot yet post in CPFMP so I'm seeking alternate options.

A few years ago I bought several fenix lights from 4sevens, and I bought forward clickies to go on each of them. They may still sell extra clickies. Give them a call...866-471-0749.