Arc AAA V AAA-LE

Status
Not open for further replies.

kev1-1

Enlightened
OK...I thought I knew the answer to this...but having read back over some past posts, I have got myself confused!!/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif I have just ordered an Arc AAA-LE...is this as good/the same as the old AAA-Premium?

Also...will it be noticeably better (whiter/brighter) than my old AAA standard 3.1?

hideo

Enlightened
"yes" to the first and "should be" to the second--I notice the warmer tint of the LEs vs. standards more than the brightness difference

hideo

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Gransee said:
The Arc-AAA use a 5mm Nichia LED part number NSPW500BS. Like all good LEDs, Nichia bins these LEDs by tint and flux. The Standard Arc-AAA uses a R or S flux and B2 or B3 tint. The Premium Arc-AAA uses a S flux with a B2 or B1 tint. The difference between the Standard and Premium is the Premium may be slightly brighter and have a warmer tint. The S flux is rated at 6400mcd at the factory but we overdrive the LED at approximately 45mA to produce about 20,000mcd.

[/ QUOTE ]
Odds are the Limited Edition model won't be any brighter than your 3.1 Standard. It may be slightly brighter but given the variations between LED's, your Standard may be slightly brighter than your Limited Edition. The Limited Edition may have a warmer tint but again given the variations between LED's, it may not. The Luxeon lottery gets all the attention but really there is still a white LED lottery too.

Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.