Thoughts on possible future variations of the TK70

moerush04

Newly Enlightened
I have seen all the buzz about the TK70 and what a feat it must be for Fenix. 2200 lumens at roughly half the price of the competitors who match it's output. And from what I have seen an amazing light for those who have purchased it. In the past I have noticed that Fenix will release a light, but then several months even years later release a very similar light to it with small differences such as emitter, or battery configuration change. To me, it seems like the TK70 would make a great platform to do this with. Do any of you see this happening?

My thought is, if it is a change to the emitter, will it be the SST-90 and focus on being a strictly thrower? Another thought is that the battery configuration will be to hold 3x 18650's or maybe even 6x 18650's. I am curious on your thoughts

rlorion

Newly Enlightened
I would love to see Fenix make a custom battery like the Olight Sr90...I think that would be a huge seller for those of us who already have the light.

kj2

Flashaholic
They could change; to work with 18650's, battery-pack, more focus for more throw.
Those are the things I see Fenix do with the TK70.

I think they don't gonna use SST-90. SST-90 is bigger than a XM-L, so if they used those they have to make the reflector bigger. Bigger reflector, Bigger head.
And this thing is already enormous :)

Latest posts