How to Turn Up the Heat?

mjw2

Newly Enlightened
Just wondering what my options were if I wanted to increase the power of my flaslight. Currently, I have a C2 Centurion with a P61 lamp (120 Lumens) running off of 2 SF123A 3v batteries. Ideally, I would like to get it near 300+ lumens, because i am considering buying the Fenix Tk15 (337 Lumens) for the extra power. :thinking:

Erzengel

Enlightened
You can get Your C2 in the 300 Lumen range, if You use a drop-in with an XM-L or an XP-G, driven at round about 1.5 Amps. In this case You also have to take care of the cooling by adding some copper or aluminum around the drop-in. There are some threads about the cooling.
You can buy a Malkoff M61 with one level and iirc 275 lumen. A Nailbender drop-in offers You more modes, You can buy them in this thread:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...l-white-XPG-XML-SST-50-90-P60-modules-(part-8)

If You want to go multi-mode, the TK15 offers a separate switch for mode switching, while the standard twisty of the C2 isn't very practical for mode switching and should e replaced by a clicky If You want to go multi-mode.

mjw2

Newly Enlightened
Those seem like good ideas, only downfalls are is its pricey...and I don't want to have to tinker with the light which would void the manufacture warranty. Wish I would of done some more research before i purchased this light, otherwise with the money spent I could have bought a quality, powerful light and still have $$$ leftover for lunch. Thanks for the info Erz.

Erzengel

Enlightened
Using a different drop-in doesn't void the warranty if You don't run a drop-in that melts the switch. If You want a cheap drop-in in the 15$ price range, You can order one from solarforce-sales.

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
Using a different drop-in doesn't void the warranty if You don't run a drop-in that melts the switch. If You want a cheap drop-in in the 15$ price range, You can order one from solarforce-sales.
No D26 is going to melt that well-built twisty, you can see how thick the spring is
but stay away from clickie in that case, arc is likely to form in the contact and possibly damage it,
similar case in e-clickie
P61 is drawing 3.0A or higher so current-switch problem isnt important
If budget was limited, go for fleabay or D>< for cheap XP-G dropin, IMO XML are too floody, result in a same hotspot intensity as XP-G

oldways

Enlightened
For 45 dollars you can get a Nailbender drop in

XM-L 4500K
Regulated 2.8 amps
Your choice of levels
potted

This is 600 bright lumens with a nice beam and tint.