EDC suggestions

Jep

Newly Enlightened
1) How would you prefer to purchase the light?
__x_I will be mail-ordering or buying online, so this doesn't matter.

2) Budget: An easy question, but you may change your mind after answering the rest! :)
__x_Less than $70.00

3) Format:
__x_I want a flashlight.

4) Flashlight-specific format/size:
__x_Every day carry medium (4-7 inches).

5) Emitter/Light source:
__x_LED (known for efficiency, longevity, and compactness)

6) Manufacturer:
__x_I want to buy a light from a traditional mass producing manufacturer that is ready to go out of the box.

7) What battery type do you want to use?
prefer rechargable, i have experience with lipo r/c car batteries so im open to some of the more sketchy types of batteries lol

8) How much genuine out the front (OTF) light do you want/need? Sometimes you can have too much light (trying to read up close up with a 100 lumen light is impossible).
__x_I want to illuminate my entire backyard or a campsite (150-300 lumens).
also want to wow my friends lol

9) Throw vs. Flood: At what distance will you be most likely to use this light? Select all that apply.
want alot of throw with decent flood

10) Runtime: Not over-inflated manufacturer runtime claims, but usable brightness measured from first activation to 50% with new batteries (Measured on maximum output).
__x_90-120 minutes (Runtime is moderately important, but still not critical)

11) Durability/Usage: Generally the old phrase "you get what you pay for" is very accurate for flashlights.
_x__Very Important (Camping, Backpacking, Car Glove-box).

12) Switch Type and location (choose all that apply):
__x_I want a forward clicky (Helpful for momentary activation and signaling).
_x__I want a tail mounted switch (found on the majority of today's high end lights).

13) User Interface (UI) and mode selection. Select all that apply.
_x__I want multiple light levels. (Some lights have 5-16 light levels.)

14)Material/Finish/Coating
aluminum or?

15) Special Needs/extras: Is there anything else you want or need that hasn't been mentioned? Select any below.

__x_Pocket/belt clip
_x__Wrist/Neck Lanyard

looking for a nice EDC, i had my mind set on a couple i found in the reviews section but i would like to be "enlightened" as much as possible before i pull the trigger. price is neg. i would like to stay under 70.00 but if something catches my eye...
ive already decided on the jetbeam pa40 for an around the house light.

i would like to avoid the HK stores, ive had OK expreiences with DX (just took FOREVER) and refuse to order from tmart ever again.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Last edited:

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's kinda hard to find a light under $70 with all of the features you have specified, especially since what you are looking for would perfectly describe a medium-sized tactical thrower, most of which start off from at least $80 for the latest models.

Fenix TK11 is selling around for $70 at the moment, and it has all the features you asked for. Pair it up with some 18650's and you will be good to go.