Looking to buy flashlight

solar00

Newly Enlightened
Hi CPF.

I'm looking for a flashlight I was thinking about the Ledlenser X21 but before actually buying it I was wondering if there are other options (more Lumens for the same price or same amount of lumens and durability for a lower price)

So here are my answers to the questions.

1) How would you prefer to purchase the light?

____I will be mail-ordering or buying online, so this doesn't matter.

2) Budget: An easy question, but you may change your mind after answering the rest! :)

____Other, please specify ________
Less than $400

3) Format:

____I want a flashlight.

4) Flashlight-specific format/size:

____I don't care.

5) Emitter/Light source:

Led or HID

6) Manufacturer:

____I want to buy a light from a traditional mass producing manufacturer that is ready to go out of the box.

7) What battery type do you want to use?

Don't care as long as its not some exotic battery type

8) How much genuine out the front (OTF) light do you want/need? Sometimes you can have too much light (trying to read up close up with a 100 lumen light is impossible).

____I want ridiculous amounts of lumens (800+ lumens).

9) Throw vs. Flood: At what distance will you be most likely to use this light? Select all that apply.

____150+ yards (I want maximum throw possible)

10) Runtime: Not over-inflated manufacturer runtime claims, but usable brightness measured from first activation to 50% with new batteries (Measured on maximum output).

____30-60 minutes (I have plenty of batteries just ready to be changed)

11) Durability/Usage: Generally the old phrase "you get what you pay for" is very accurate for flashlights.

____Very Important (Camping, Backpacking, Car Glove-box).

12) Switch Type and location (choose all that apply):

____I don't care.
_

13) User Interface (UI) and mode selection. Select all that apply.

____I want 2 light levels. (Brighter/short runtime and Dimmer/long runtime.)

14)Material/Finish/Coating

____Anodized Aluminum – either type II or III (Hard Anodized) (Aluminum, specifically HA, is the most common material/finish for today's flashlights).

Titanium or steel is also fine as long as it isn't plastic

15) Special Needs/extras: Is there anything else you want or need that hasn't been mentioned? Select any below.

____Pocket/belt clip

swan

Banned
Olight sr90, Fenix tk70 or jetbeam rrt3 xml are a better choice. My advice is not to buy an unregulated light . Have a look at the review section for all the good oil.

mattevt

Newly Enlightened
The 4Sevens Maelstrom S12 is a 2 level light with 800 OTF lumens for 90 minutes and 120 lumens for 13 hours which to me is unreal. The front page of goinggear has a big list of 400+ lumen offerings.

If I had the budget you had and was looking for a thrower I would get a Deft EDC in a heartbeat. Or take a look in the Buy/Sell/Trade threads, some pretty crazy mods show up there.