• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Discovered perfect Logan holster - HOW TO

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had an old Glo-Toob (non-lithium) plastic belt clip for years... I'd never found a use for it until now... I stuck my Logan Brass into it and the retention was so tight that I had to pry it out with a flathead... But it was close... So I took a small flat file and filed about 33% of each "nub" that's designed to hold the Glo-Toob in. I popped the Logan in and... WOW! Perfect retention but quick access when you need it.... A very cool belt holster mod:

IMG_7028_1024x768.jpg

IMG_7026_1024x768.jpg

IMG_7025_1024x768.jpg

The nubs you need to file down a bit (more for less retention, less for more):

IMG_7027_1024x768.jpg

It disappears on my belt and it really seems like it was made for the light... Considering you can still pick up the old N cell glo-toob holsters for cheap, I would highly recommend this to anyone who would like a belt holster for their Logan. The plastic is no where near hard enough to scratch the brass. The retention is EXTREMELY secure (trust me, it holds it tight, I wouldn't worry about it popping out accidentally under any circumstances), yet the light can be deployed at a moment's notice. Plus, you can carry it bezel up or down, and use it as a cap light! Have fun!

Shao

Last edited:

Lumenz

Enlightened
Great idea! I had a couple Glo-Toob lights and holsters sitting in a drawer so I figured I would give it a try. After a little sanding and popping the light in and out of the holster, I got a pretty good fit. The Logan definitely will not fall out, short of being hit with a grenade. I can see the plastic wearing off from the light's knurling so a lot of use may loosen the fit a little bit.

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great idea! I had a couple Glo-Toob lights and holsters sitting in a drawer so I figured I would give it a try. After a little sanding and popping the light in and out of the holster, I got a pretty good fit. The Logan definitely will not fall out, short of being hit with a grenade. I can see the plastic wearing off from the light's knurling so a lot of use may loosen the fit a little bit.

Thanks! I thought about that the plastic wearing as well. I made mine pretty tight so hopefully I won't have to worry about it for awhile. If it ever does loosen to the point of becoming unusable, maybe I can just rebuilt the nubs back up a bit with a little epoxy or something... I'm really digging this setup! I hope you use and enjoy it!

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dumb question but do all glow sticks come with holsters? I remember these in the early 80s when I was a kid and haven't bought or seen one since. Back then we just got sticks and no holsters.

jorgen

Enlightened
A GLO-TOOB is a brand of waterproof light used in water sports. Very different than the cyalume sticks you are thinking of.

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been wearing mine every day. I don't even notice it's there. Really the best flashlight holster I've ever used...

Latest posts