NITECORE EX 11.2 / RCR123

saypat

Enlightened
Hello owners of this light. I just got it, it's really nice, and FUN! Just using a primary CR123 for now but want to go with a 16340. Those who run theirs on this battery, WHAT brand are you using and have you had any problems with the fit? I hear that a cell longer than 34mm will be troublesome. The AW RCR123 Protected is like 34.5mm and supposedly works alright.
Also, the switch seems like it will build up my thumb muscle. Does it get any easier?
Thanks for any replies (not really thankful for the guy who posted that his wife's EX10 head broke right off).

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am sorry to say that in the case of my EX11.2 the length of the RCR cell is really critical. Out of the 10 or 12 AW RCR123 cells that I have only 2 or 3 fit in a reasonable way i.e. the switch works more or less correctly. Ultrafire and similar brands are completely out. The switch itself is not hard to press and its action is smooth.

saypat

Enlightened

Shirley, surely there must be some protected RCR out there that will work in my new light? Bah! Anyone????

:hairpull:

Ti²C

Newly Enlightened
Solarforce's 16340 works fine in my ex10,ex11, and nex (white ones, haven't tried the newer white/blue ones)

Moonshadow

Enlightened
With the EX10 you usually had to chop a turn or so off the spring inside the piston to get the protected cells to fit and work properly. This also eases up the thumb pressure a bit. The 11.2 is probably the same.

saypat

Enlightened
how does the spring come out? Just pull it out, needle nose? Then it is ruined for ever running a primary again? Can one replace the spring? It amazes me that the extra pressure causes the light to misbehave? I have e-mailed Nitecore about the battery length issue and they replied: NO PROBLEMO! ALL 16340 BATTERIES FIT FINE! I love this little light but probably my last Nitecore.

Sarlix

Enlightened
Black label AW RCR's will fit as they are the exact same size as regular 123A's - I just checked.

And don't call me Shirley :p