I have a Scottevest on the way....

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
And I can't wait! :rock:

My wife says I'm a 65 year old in a 31 year old body. (Not in all ways, just my dorkiness :naughty: ) I might as well wear a travel vest with 22 pockets! :D

The Scottevest isn't as dorky as most travel vests with tons of pockets on the outside, most the pockets are on the inside. It also includes two inside clear chest pockets that allow you to operate your smart phone without removing it from the pocket, how cool is that? Also has a IPad pocket! :thumbsup:

Any who, thought I would share. :)

323d9257.jpg

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you'll like the SeV vest. Over the past 8 years I've acquired a half dozen or so different articles of SeV clothing, and I'm very happy with them. They aren't what I'd call hard use clothing, I never wear them to work for instance (my work is very hard on clothes), but for travel wear and casual use, I really love them. I can't wait until fall's cool weather every year, so I can start wearing my SeV hoodie and fleece jacket again.

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
i just bought the revolution couple weeks ago , dont even need a bug out bag really as my most essential b.o.b items can fit in the jacket and my cargo pants pockets, perfect for the stealth look and not worry about looters looking at your backpack, i love it

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own one. I was fortunate enough to find a brand new one in my size with the tags still attached and everything at a thrift store for only $14! It's really an awesome vest - you can carry a huge amount of gear comfortably without imprinting. The downside - the zippers are a little cheap - be careful with them and you'll be OK. A quick rip to the zipper can damage it and the lining. If they changed the zippers to YKK, then it would be the perfect vest. There are so many nooks and crannies in the jacket that I've "lost" lights and gear, just to find them a few weeks later in my vest. :D

Shao

Mr Bigglow

Enlightened
I own one of their heavier coats. Very good quality and the 24 or so hiding pockets are great. Attractive too, although I take some credit for that :) .

Sometimes the zippers annoy me.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I got it today, only had a few minutes with it, the zippers are the fine tooth kind, I like the ones with the big teeth. It is hard to get my phone and iPad in the pockets with the otter box defenders on them. The build quality is nice, I am happy with the purchase.

I can't wait to actually load it up and go out in it!

More later.

DaveG

Enlightened
I have the fleece jacket with the zip off arms,had it for a about six years or so,still holding up quite well.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Lol, sorry man, I am a full time worker with a wife and a 2 year old! :)

I haven't worn it or loaded it out yet. Just tried it on. I'll tell you this, my wife said it looks great on me. :naughty:

I wore it around the house, it is comfortable.

I'm 5'11" and weigh 195lbs, the Large fits me perfect.

Go for it, youll like it!

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Ok, my 2 year old had ballet this morning, so it was a perfect opportunity to load up the Scottevest. ;)

I had all of the following loaded up in the pockets, the pocket on the back was empty, and so were a lot of the interior pockets, lol.

Edit: I had my keys in the front right pocket clipped to the included coil lanyard. Forgot to include in the pic, its a big set of keys that includes a Preon ReVo, and Atwood bottlebug and it also has a tritium nite tube too. :eek:

photobucket-2340-1316283372317.jpg

photobucket-4716-1316279066432.jpg

And here's a few pics of the load with me wearing it.

photobucket-1308-1316269798402.jpg

photobucket-4503-1316269827319.jpg

All in all, it was comfortable with all that gear in it, nothing felt over bulked.

Love it!

Last edited: