Jetbeam RRT-0 XM-L (550lm)

gopajti

Flashlight Enthusiast
110lm (AA), 260lm (CR123A), 550lm (RCR123)

rrt0_xml_En4.jpg

rrt0_xml_En16.jpg

more pics, info
http://www.jet-beam.com/links/pro/rrt0xml.aspx

Last edited:

ms1496

Newly Enlightened
WHAT??? :eek:
Thank you JetBeam for intensely feeding my flashlight obsession... Just pre-orderd the new rrt3 xml. Looks like I needs more funds.
How many Jetbeams can one own before they are certified nuts??? :shakehead

All aside this is gonna be a nice little pocket rocket. Thanks for posting gopajti

kj2

Flashaholic
550lumens for 20minutes. Turn it on...poef.. light off. That's a reason I don't like (r)cr123 batteries. Yes, they are small, but having no juice is to bad.

coolperl

Newly Enlightened
To reach 550lm ANSI, the XM-L must be driven at ~2.0A. Good luck with that kind of power draw from RCR123 cell :shakehead
Besides, it looks like it's direct-driven on this cell, so claiming ANSI numbers is pointless. Anyway, it looks good.

ergotelis

Enlightened
I would swear this is fake, i can't believe a reputable manufacturer made a flashlight that runs its cell @3C+ ! This is crazy, they don't care about safety of their flashlights, it reminds me some really cheapo chinese brands...

SoCal5150

Newly Enlightened
I wonder if they will offer a Neutral XM-L like the PA/BC 40. I like the infinite brightness UI. I'm getting tired of waiting for a Neutral Zebralight SC600 or my pipedream a Neutral HDS Rotary...

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those who don't read the fine print:

260 lumens using a cr123a primary cell

You only get 550 lumens using a rcr123 rechargeable cell.

It is also a very floody light so throw junkies stay away. It is going to seem like it has less output than the rating because the beam is not intense.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm with the others: I think this is a pretty cool idea and I applaud Jetbeam for doing it.

They are making a light that can use:

1x RCR123 (well, technically you should be using an IMR, but you knew that, didn't you? :tinfoil:)
1x CR123
1x AA

It's using the latest and greatest emitter, and if we're lucky, they'll do a neutral run as they've done with a few of their newer lights. It has the popular RRT-0 interface (probably the new firmware with the ridiculous low).

As has been mentioned, an XM-L in a light with such a small reflector is going to be all flood, so that's something to think about.

Don't know if I'll buy one (I already have an RRT-0 and a TCR2) but I definitely like that JB went the extra mile and added the option to run it hotter and brighter for those enthusiasts who are comfortable doing so.

Harry999

Enlightened
If it is more floody that makes it an ideal light to use indoors and if it has that low low it will be great as a night light - especially in Neutral White. I will keep an eye out for it.

Outrider

Newly Enlightened
I'm with the others: I think this is a pretty cool idea and I applaud Jetbeam for doing it.

They are making a light that can use:

1x RCR123 (well, technically you should be using an IMR, but you knew that, didn't you? :tinfoil:)
1x CR123
1x AA

It's using the latest and greatest emitter, and if we're lucky, they'll do a neutral run as they've done with a few of their newer lights. It has the popular RRT-0 interface (probably the new firmware with the ridiculous low).

As has been mentioned, an XM-L in a light with such a small reflector is going to be all flood, so that's something to think about.

Don't know if I'll buy one (I already have an RRT-0 and a TCR2) but I definitely like that JB went the extra mile and added the option to run it hotter and brighter for those enthusiasts who are comfortable doing so.

ms1496

Newly Enlightened
I like it... Given that you can dial in the light you need at the level you want, its a great solution. To top it off, over 500 lumens is pretty sweet imho :grin2:
cheers

HIDblue

Enlightened
I like it...yeah, it's only good for 550 lumens for about 20 mins, but I can think of several other lights that I currently have like the JB BC10 or Thrunite Neutron 1C that seem to perform similarly on max output on a rechargeable RCR123...and I still really enjoy using all of them. If the BC10 or 1C get too hot on max output, I just kick it down to a lower level and they still provide tons of light for a small pocket light.

cchurchi

Enlightened
That is a sweet little pocket blaster! Should work great impressing my non-flashoholic friends while still being functional at lower outputs.

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those who don't read the fine print:

260 lumens using a cr123a primary cell

You only get 550 lumens using a rcr123 rechargeable cell.

It is also a very floody light so throw junkies stay away. It is going to seem like it has less output than the rating because the beam is not intense.

Still over 2C discharge rate.
I dont want to go with IMR with lower capacity

peterharvey73

Flashlight Enthusiast
Geez, not sure if manufacturers should be putting large size XM-L emitters in such small flashlights?
Not only is it too floody, but when hi current draw is used, the RCR123 750 mAH won't last very long.
Hopefully they don't discontinue the R5 and S2 version as their website suggests?

XM-L emitters are more appropriate for medium sized flashlights and beyond like the new RRT-15 with a big 2 inch diameter head.
XM-L would do well in the 3/4 size 2x18650 M2S or M1x.
For a full size 3x18650 flashlight, the SST-50 is less energy efficient than XM-L, however with a hi current draw, the SST-50 still out-powers the XM-L.
SST-50 is good for big flashlights.

Thus, I think they should match emitter sizes appropriately with flashlight head sizes, unless they deliberately want the RRT-0 to be all flood, and little throw...

Last edited:

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
Geez, not sure if manufacturers should be putting large size XM-L emitters in such small flashlights?
Not only is it too floody, but when hi current draw is used, the RCR123 750 mAH won't last very long.
Hopefully they don't discontinue the R5 and S2 version as their website suggests?

XM-L emitters are more appropriate for medium sized flashlights and beyond like the new RRT-15 with a big 2 inch diameter head.
XM-L would do well in the 3/4 size 2x18650 M2S or M1x.
For a full size 3x18650 flashlight, the SST-50 is less energy efficient than XM-L, however with a hi current draw, the SST-50 still out-powers the XM-L.

I think they should match emitter sizes appropriately with flashlight head sizes, unless they deliberately want the RRT-0 to be all flood, and little throw...

They just want to shock people, with a tiny blaster
A bit waste for xm-l to give only 5000cd

veedo

Newly Enlightened
damn. thought the sc600 was going to be my last light for a while, but its hard to turn down this jetbeam.