KX4 - Staying practical, not tactical...

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently purchased a KX4 on a whim from the Marketplace. The last few nights I used it, we got a critter that has been rustling around the yard at night. I must say my appreciation for this module took a while to realize. 120 LED lumens is a good approximation of 65 incan lumens. Good hotspot, lots of spill, and it runs in regulation.

Everything is getting brighter. I love my Malkoffs but at 200+ lumens they are overkill for those evening strolls with the family. Surefire has really done a good job weeding out the "greenies" and the tint on my KX4 (and KL4 for that matter) is nice and white.

SF has hit the sweet spot for me with this offering and I hope they continue to carry it in it's lineup. It's a well balanced single stage module.

kelmo

Last edited:

WriteAway

Newly Enlightened
I agree wholeheartedly...For my own suburban non-critical light needs, I added a KX4 head to my 6p incan and now have a sweet light that works well for security and dog walks. The KX4 gives me plenty of light, plus the assurance of Surefire quality and long-life. And, the extra p60 lamp will be a spare for the G2 incan I'm waiting for UPS to deliver next week.

While brighter lights are better in many cases, for my use, the KX4 was the preferred choice. And if the G2 goes through lamps too quickly, I'll KX4 that one also.

BIGLOU

Enlightened
I also love my KX4. I too have the 200+ lumen Malkoffs and 500+ lumen Nailbenders, but like WriteAway said you get the Surefire quality and long life assurance. A big plus for me is that this baby runs on 2xRCR123s= 8.4v of gulity free lumens.

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been so anxious to see a runtime and regulation graph for the KX4 for the longest time, but one doesn't seem available.

Retinator

Enlightened
Last year I spotted a deal for a free KX4 with the purchase of a C2 Incan.

I have several G2's now and am starting to burn bulbs out a lot lately, so I ordered 4 more KX4s (Tan, OD green, HA (for the C2) and another in yellow).

So my original black KX4 (from the C2 order) replaces my 6PL p60L setup and the P60L can go from my yellow G2 to my G3 later...

Anyone follow that?

But they are a nice boost, all the power of a P61 with much longer runtime, just not as nice tint, but Incans really begin at 9+volts anyways :)