Weapon Light for angled foregrip?

RandomFlyer

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone found anything that works well with a Magpul angled foregrip on an AR style rifle? The grip is much more comfortable/natural for me. It just doesn't have hundreds of lighting options designed for it yet like the vertical grip.
Considering a SF scout light or something similar with at least 200 lumens. Is there a sweet spot for a remote switch?
Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try a Viking Tactical mount, since it's dropped down, and you should be able to position right in line with your thumb. I'm assuming you have a rail? Any decent 1"/.8" Surefire will work. This set-up weil be less than half the cost of a dedicated scout light.

RandomFlyer

Newly Enlightened
Good idea. The side rails are probably the only real option because the fore grip takes up a lot of real estate on the bottom rail. I was thinking it may be slightly awkward to actuate something with your thumb from the angle grip but that drop down Viking Tactical from a side rail may help line it up just enough. Good reason to modify an old Z3 combat light with a Malkoff M91.

seattlite

Enlightened
IMHO, a SF Scoutlight works well with the Magpul AFG. Below is a picture of a SF Scoutlight and an AFG2. The tailcap is pretty easy to actuate with your thumb:

IMG_4241_DPP.jpg

geisto

Newly Enlightened
You can try mounting the Scout light on the side rail and run a SF SR07 switch on the top rail.