LSH-P plastic cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardy

Newly Enlightened
My new LSH-P came with not 1 but 2 plastic cover on top of the lens. I took one off, but I like the second cover. It protects the lens from scraches and it doesn't effect the beam, or at least I think so. Does it? Will it melt if the light gets to hot?
Well, I have to say bye for now. My LSH-P & AAA-P and I are about to embark on a 6 weeks journey to the middle eastern deserts/moutains (destination? on a need to know)I will hopefully come back and tell you all about how the Arc's performed.
t'ill then God bless,
Ardy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
It will not melt. It's your decision as to leave it on or not. I take mine off because 1) it did affect light output and tint and 2) I didn't want to deal with the bubbling that occurs when airs bubbles get between the cover and the lens.

DumboRAT

Enlightened
Ardy,

Have a look at the FAQ -- under the LS section, there's a "maintenance" sub-section. You'll find both a reference to the protective overlayer as well as lens buffing (to clear scratches) directions.

=)

Allen
aka DumboRAT

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
nascar: in what way does the plastic cover affect the tint? i have never pulled mine off so i'm just curious /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ardy-

Good luck to you! I'd love to hear about how your ARC's performed in the field, when you get back.

GregR

Status
Not open for further replies.