NiteCore influx IFE2 and AW 2900mah rechargeables problem

Zvi

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,

Picked up a few new lights week ago, including IFE2. Then ordered 6 AW 2900mah 18650 rechargeables as well.

The problem is, AW 18650 doesn't work with IFE2... I've charged and tested each of those 6.
AW Rechargeables themselves are ok, because the same AWs 18650s work fine in Google firesword.
However, IFE2 is also working with either CR123s, or Tenergy 18650 rechargeables(came with Google firesword).

I was wondering, if anyone here had the same problem, is it resolvable, or any info on the subj would be appreciated :)

peterharvey73

Flashlight Enthusiast
Apparently, flat top batteries don't have nipples to make contact with the positive electrode, because the nipples themselves increase electrical resistance.
Some flashlights require batteries with nipples.
You should have emailed Nitecore to see if the IFE2 can take flat top cells before you purchased the batteries.
You can still email them now...

Zvi

Newly Enlightened
Thanks. I just disassembled IFE2 and that's the reason, it needs a battery with the nipple. Never thought that'd be an issue :) Anyhow, no biggie, I have a few Tenergy-s which work with nitecore and AWs will beused in firesword, and I've learned a lesson.