TK70 problem. Anyone else?

BirdofPrey

Enlightened
I plan to email Battery Junction on Monday and see if they can help but figured I'd see if anyone else was having the same problem as me.

From day two, I noticed that when on the lowest setting, one of the LEDs was flickering. Now, that LED often doesn't come on at all or comes on, then flickers off.

I can't tell any difference between the three LEDs on any other setting. That doesn't mean its not messing up there too.

So, any ideas?

Sent via HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just charged the batteries on mine and tested it out. Everything looks normal. All lights come on at all levels. I really like the UI on this beast. I suspect that there is a bad solder joint or loose connection somewhere. I've not had any problems, so I've not taken mine apart. I would email your vendor and ask what can be done.

Enlightened
I noticed that on my copy of TK70, but then after some serious usage, it is now like "burned in" and ok. Mine is just a very minor flickering. Suspect it's an emitter with just a slightly higher Vf or something, once on higher modes it is ok.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I noticed that on my copy of TK70, but then after some serious usage, it is now like "burned in" and ok. Mine is just a very minor flickering. Suspect it's an emitter with just a slightly higher Vf or something, once on higher modes it is ok.

If I was you I would send it back while under dealer warranty, it my be a very minor problem now but it could become worse and it may be easier for you to send it back to the dealer now instead of messing with Fenix after your "dealer" warranty runs out, that is if you still can return it to your dealer for exchange.

Enlightened
If I was you I would send it back while under dealer warranty, it my be a very minor problem now but it could become worse and it may be easier for you to send it back to the dealer now instead of messing with Fenix after your "dealer" warranty runs out, that is if you still can return it to your dealer for exchange.

There is absolutely no problem now, I can't really return it to the dealer. I have also used something like 4hrs in Turbo mode for the light and still on-going (in 3 days). That's I think harder usage than hobbyists push their lights. If there are any issues, it would have manifested itself now.

I am testing the light for durability on 2 x Li ion on these 3 days, i could have done better but i have been busy with work.

Last edited: