SureFire LX2 LumaMax running on Li-Ions !

TomnAl

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys and gals , I'm Thomas :wave: ! I blew a hole in my wallet :eek: when I purchased a SureFire Lx2 LumaMax :thumbsup: for about $253 here in Malaysia and $40 for a box of 12 SureFire 123A Lithium Batteries :ohgeez: ! I'm a serious outdoor enthusiast together with my best friend Alvin :popcorn: ! So I know that I need to spend another $40 to buy batteries soon when only two are left :sigh: ! Now I was wondering :naughty: to run my LX2 LumaMax on the rechargeable Li-Ions ! There are many arguments that with battery is the best ! I am not going to bore my flashlight cause it would weaken the structure of the flashlight ! With the 18650 out of the list , it is narrowed down to 17670 and two RCR 123s ! I am really confused :confused: cause I don't know which one is better than the other ! Some say 17650 is great and others say RCR 123 is better ! Please help :bow: ! I really want to save some money for a second-hand car ! Which one is better 17670 or the RCR 123 ?
Thanks you in advance :thanks: !

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
17670 doesn't fit in my LX2. 16340 works but is not supported by Surefire. Use 16340 at your own risk. You decide. As for me, I would rather run it with CR123 primaries. I use the lower output most of the time to maintain my night vision and only depress the tail cap fully for a brief moment of full output when I need to see further. This way of usage could last me a very long time with a set of primary batteries.

TomnAl

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the reply and advice :thanks: ! Although info regarding their dimension are the same in term of girth !

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a couple of LX2's that I've run on AW RCR123's for a while now with no problems. I actually have a third LX2 that I've left in the box as a spare or future gift.

The AW 17670's fit fine in SureFire lights like the 6P and C2 but they are too large to fit comfortably in my LX2's. The 17670's can be forced into the LX2 but I would worry about getting them out in a hurry for a quick battery swap on the trail with a tiger coming.:huh: Also, as the light warms up, some batteries fit even tighter from my experience on other lights.

Is there a SureFire dealer in K.L. or Penang? Sometimes the Asia SF dealers have new items on the shelf before they are readily available in the States. PK's Icon lights were available in Hong Kong weeks before they entered the U.S. (although these are made 'offshore' and presumably have somewhat different distribution channels).