Where do you keep your flashlights, o-rings, lanyards, parts?

duro

Enlightened
So I'm running out of places to store all of my lithium batteries, flashlight parts, flashlights, etc..What type of storage do you use?

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a special place in a bookshelf for batteries and spare parts. Earlier I was not careful to mark all the O-rings and parts(to know to which light they belong) but now I am. I have different boxes (most of them the kept boxes from Malkoff devices) for different parts and I have marked the boxes. The flashlights SHALL be placed in another bookshelf, but most often half of the lights are spread out in my apartment...:tinfoil:

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are running out of space then my method probably won't work for you. I have my lights scattered throughout the house, but if I go out of town everything can fit in my flashlight bag. The bag is a black extra large bug out bag I got from county com. I keep extra batteries in the outer compartments along with all of my lights. The main inner compartment has all of my chargers each in their individual bag with accessories, light cleaning/lube supplies, split rings, o rings, pliers, paracord, volt meter, parts, and a few other things.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
All my spare parts are kept in Plano cases. Bezels, tailcaps, lanyards, bulbs, etc.. My spare "used" (2.8-3.20 volt) batteries, for the most part, are kept in the clear 6ea. SF 12-pk battery holders, kept in 2 pelican cases. I have a smaller pelican case that holds 24 new CR123's nice and snug, and 4 SF Spares Carriers also with new CR123's. My other batteries are kept in 2 Walgreen Battery Holders that I got for $1 ea.

kj2

Flashaholic
Keep it in the package where the light came in. And all those flashlight-pacakges I put in a other plastic case.
Flashlights are in my Pelican or B&W outdoor case. Some are on my desk.

Last edited:

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
For spare btteries I just use the ziplock bggies it came with and just put them in my bag. As for lights, I prefer to hilster carry as it leaves my pockets for other edc stuff. For the remaining lights, they are just kept all ove the house, glove box in car etc. For parts I put them in pelican a pelican case.

al93535

Newly Enlightened
IMG_3461.jpg

IMG_8070.jpg

I made this for my flashlights, accessories, batteries and parts. I am filling it up pretty quickly however, and need to make another full size one. I have all the wood, just need to get motivated.

WoodMan

Newly Enlightened
I use a pair of Stack-On DS-39 small parts cabinets. Available cheap at Amazon.com.

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't leave lights standing around on desks or on a bookshelf - we have cats. I have a dedicated dresser that holds my personal collection, with two of the nine drawers filled with cells and chargers. I wrap them in bandanas and socks and stack them on top of one another. My favorite lights stay in a humidor in one of the drawers that I keep regularly replenished dessicant in. I also keep six lights in my backpack, two in my car, one hanging on a nail over the nightstand, one always on the nightstand, four mounted to various firearms, and at least one light stashed in every room of the house where I can reach it if necessary. My personal parts stay in rubbermaid bins inside the same dresser. My inventory lights stay in my stock room (a converted bedroom) on rubbermaid shelving in plastic bins... and of course I always keep at least two with me at all times... :D

Shao

Last edited:

duro

Enlightened
Nice. Seems like most keep them scattered about. I bought one of those plastic dresser type containers on wheels to store in the closet, but has quickly become filled with gear. I am now looking for possibly, another one. Good suggestions though. Thanks for the pics and input.

Johnbeck180

Enlightened
I keep all my light in what once was my camera case. The camera broke long ago. I'm glad I kept it. It's nice and padded inside with a lot of pockets on the out side. I keep all my o'rings and extras in the original plastic bag they came in, and label each bag with a sharpie and put them in the pockets on the outside of the case.

davecroft

Enlightened
I was out hiking today and had exactly this same question pop into my head! I thought, when I get back home, I'll start a thread on CPF and guess what? It's already been done!!
I think I expected a lot more collectors would have display cases like al93535, I think some lights are just too nice to chuck in a box and should be out where you can see them. I already think a couple of mine are just too good to be taken out and about and scuffed, dropped etc. (Yes I know that's what they are for....)
I tend to take a few less expensive ones out with me on EDC and the rest just stay back at home on my desk. I do use them, but just not out in the big bad world too often. Surely that must be the case for a lot of flashaholics, some posters on CPF seem to have more lights than they could ever use?

Acid87

Enlightened
davecroft said:
I tend to take a few less expensive ones out with me on EDC and the rest just stay back at home on my desk. I do use them, but just not out in the big bad world too often. Surely that must be the case for a lot of flashaholics, some posters on CPF seem to have more lights than they could ever use?

You mean shelf queens. These do exist for some people for me it is more old collectable lights.

As for where I store my lights, they love on a shelf where they can be easily accessed I also have lights in cars and on nightstands. Accs. Live in a tool box along with light packaging and manuals.

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep everything in and around my computer desk at home. Once that gets too cluttered I start giving things away. I don't really collect lights however. Most of my lights aren't all that big.

My desk is junky however :)

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
i am also running out of place :whistle:

:naughty: :grin2:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

also got some hidden lights in my motorcycle :sssh:

Nice setup... kinda reminds me of a museum... I think you've inspired me to create a locking plexiglass-front, LED-lit display case for some of nicer display lights... I am having a hard time determining which ones are flashlights and which ones are lightsabers.... :D

Last edited: