What's a good 1AA light that is small?

speedsix

Enlightened
Looking for another EDC light for work.

MUST have the following:
1. Led of course
2. Clicky no twist. I know that makes it larger but it is worth it to me.
3. Pocket clip. Can't use it without one.
4. Less than three modes. 1-2 is fine
5. Under $60
6. Bright with good throw. 60 lumins + should be enough

No Zebralights. Just had one and had to send it back due to it not working so I want to avoid that brand for now. I really liked it but don't trust the brand.

I have a Klarus P1A which is ideal except the large size. After having the Zebralight it makes me think that a AA light should and could be much smaller.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Zebralight AA is one of the smallest AA lights available, possibly the smallest with a clicky. Your post makes me wonder if you even owned one. I see you another thread asking for an AA light too.

speedsix

Enlightened
The Zebralight AA is one of the smallest AA lights available, possibly the smallest with a clicky. Your post makes me wonder if you even owned one. I see you another thread asking for an AA light too.

Yes I bought a H51 and had problems with it so I sent it back.

I know it was small and that is what I liked most about it. My question is what OTHER lights might be small that are around? I thought I made that clear in my post but I guess not clear enough for you. This post is NOT about ZL so just forget about that brand as I have ruled them out. I bought my first one and it was faulty so I am gun-shy about buying another one. Maybe in a year or so I will give them another shot if things look good. I know one light out of the many they sell is not a good representative sample of their products but it was MY light and as far as I am concerned it was a 100% failure rate which does not bode well for a Chinese flashlight company in my book after being burned by several DX lights like the AOKay K106 and others that failed on me.

I like almost everything about my new Klarus except the larger than needed size.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes I bought a H51 and had problems with it so I sent it back.

I know it was small and that is what I liked most about it. My question is what OTHER lights might be small that are around? I thought I made that clear in my post but I guess not clear enough for you. This post is NOT about ZL so just forget about that brand as I have ruled them out. I bought my first one and it was faulty so I am gun-shy about buying another one. Maybe in a year or so I will give them another shot if things look good. I know one light out of the many they sell is not a good representative sample of their products but it was MY light and as far as I am concerned it was a 100% failure rate which does not bode well for a Chinese flashlight company in my book after being burned by several DX lights like the AOKay K106 and others that failed on me.

I like almost everything about my new Klarus except the larger than needed size.

Yes, it's not about ZL and I am not recommending one. Your posts just seem a little fishy that's all.

Flashlight Dave

Enlightened
Fenix E11 might be a thought. It is cheap and some of that shows in the quality but it is a good sensitive clicky with 2 modes- 32 and 105 lumens.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
speedsix said:
MUST have the following:
1. Led of course
2. Clicky no twist. I know that makes it larger but it is worth it to me.
3. Pocket clip. Can't use it without one.
4. Less than three modes. 1-2 is fine
5. Under $60
6. Bright with good throw. 60 lumins + should be enough

Does your clicky requirement mean clicky & clickly only, or can it be of the click-for-on/off + twist-head-for-level type UI's? One to two levels include blinking modes, if allowable? How do ramping & continuously variable interfaces sit with you? Small as possible, but any weight limits (i.e. Al only or is SS okay)? And pocket clip has to screw on, or can it be of the circular clamp around type? Either way there should be some non Z.L. options for you, but you know that's going to be the number one recommendation despite you having precluded it... listen to reason!

Yes, it's not about ZL and I am not recommending one. Your posts just seem a little fishy that's all.

THISGONBGUD.gif

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Something from Liteflux. Very well made asian light. Programmable and high quality. Used to have the Lx2t but I am more of a R123 type lights so it went to a different home.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
AA clickies with 1 - 2 modes + clip..... that'd help to narrow down your choices drastically. You can consider the smallest from this lot, all under your budget of $60.

Klarus P1A
Jetbeam BA10
Quark AA Tactical

Last edited:

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
AA clickies with 1 - 2 modes..... that'd help to narrow down your choices drastically. You can consider the smallest from this lot, all under $60.

Fenix E11
Klarus P1A
Jetbeam BA10
Jetbeam E3S
Quark AA Tactical

That's what I first thought of too, & why I was asking if twist for level UI was okay, & if he has a weight limit. Because E3S is small, but 75g is hefty. Otherwise I think he already has the Klarus, & the BA10 is just as thick at 23mm. But OP if you can handle just 3 modes instead of 2, the PA-01 & BK-135a are 17mm in dia. & Aluminum (<30g). Pure click only, no twist involved at all. Looks like so far E11 is your best bet, if you don't require tailstandability.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does Fenix E11 and Jetbeam E3S have clips?

Good point, both doesn't although I have tried EX11 Ti clip on E3S and it works albeit tricky to install.
Updating list to omit clipless AA clickies.

Danielsan

Enlightened
is the nitecore D11.2 any good? the thing is that all those AA lights dont offer 200 Lumen except Zebralight. Is there any other 1xAA light with 200 Lumen from an Eneloop?

Quality

Newly Enlightened
There may be another 1 x AA light that claims 200 lumens but AFAIK Zebralight is the only company that has actually DONE it.

Frankly I'm surprised that the OP is so adamant about not buying another Zebralight. It really is the best example of what he's looking for aside from having a couple extra modes tucked away. I'd give them another chance, because they do have a warranty and for the most part decent QC.

To each his own.

TomH

Newly Enlightened
Take a look at both the Streamlight Protac 1AA and the EMS models. They are very dependable lights that sound like what you are looking for.

Some may chime in as to the 50 lumen rating on these as being too low, but I haven't found that to be the case. In fact, the high setting most of the time is too bright for a completely dark setting, that I find myself using the 6 lumen mode most often.

You can find the Protac 1AA right now at Amazon for around $35 shipped.

TomH

Newly Enlightened
is the nitecore D11.2 any good? the thing is that all those AA lights dont offer 200 Lumen except Zebralight. Is there any other 1xAA light with 200 Lumen from an Eneloop?

To me, and YMMV, 200 lumens in a 1AA light is silly and pure overkill.

If Streamlight would bump the lumens of their 1AA lights to around 90-100 on high mode, IMHO, that would make them the PERFECT EDC flashlights. As it is now, 50 lumens is enough for almost all lighting tasks that you would need that kind of light for.

Last edited: