10w LED Enclosure Housing

Hamburger

Newly Enlightened
Hey,
Im looking for the bare housing from the 10W flood lights that u can find on ebay.
I already found it at satisled but the shipping from shenzen to germany is as expensive as the housing itself. Maybe someone knows an other distributor where I dont have to buy 500 units to compensate the shipping costs.
I already looked at kaidomain and dealextreme but they dont have it.

lookinforward for your answers :)

thanks in advance

evilc66

Enlightened
Why not buy the complete unit and take out the LED and whatever else you don't need? You could probably find a manufacturer or two that would supply you the housing only, but chances are, it won't save you much money, especially after shipping charges.

Hamburger

Newly Enlightened
I already thought about that too. But unfortunately the only sites I found would sell the complete lights for around 20€ ~$27

And Satisled is selling the housing for $5,99 + round about $5 shipping.(If I take 30, otherwise shipping is as high as $20 per item)
But its always so sad to pay as much for the shipping as the item would cost.

By the way I mean these housings

http://www.satisled.com/10w-led-floodlight-enclosure-white_p781.html

And for the 20W version they have a minimum order quantity of 10 units. Which is way more than I could ever need :)

I'm taking any recommendations that you have :)

deadrx7conv

Enlightened
Your best bet is to buy several and resell them on ebay.

The housings were available on the alibaba, tradeindia, and madeinchina...type importer websites, but I haven't seen them there in a while. I wonder if the casting foundry is too busy selling them directly to the light assemblers. I've never noticed the empty enclosures on Satisled before(available in multiple sizes and colors). Thanks, thats all I need are more 'LED' lighting projects.

Last edited:

Hamburger

Newly Enlightened
I already thought about that but in that case I would need a tax number and alll stuff like that... Im a little in planing a group order for germany,austria and the rest of europe where it is a little cheaper to send to.
But Im still taking new recommendations if someone knows or finds a vendor who is selling the bare housings. :)