What's the best source for quality rings and lanyards?

tony22

Newly Enlightened
These would be for my AA and AAA lights. Stainless steel preferred.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lighthound.com

they have a good selection of lanyard supplies and accessories, including split rings, lobster claws, etc., including McGizmo stuff.

tony22

Newly Enlightened
Thanks BOwz3r. That's just where I went. Their selection is great! Bought a bunch of stuff including AW RCR123s.

houtex

Enlightened
I'm pretty sure there are better places than this forum for this topic. No biggie. Someone will be along soon to move it.

2nd on Lighthound. The have the supplies but also make a few ready to go,

(psssst, lil secret, call and ask for Robert,he can make just about anything out of paracord)

Last edited:

tony22

Newly Enlightened
I bought a bunch of rings and stuff. In looking for lanyard type accessories I couldn't find quite what I was looking for. I got this

http://www.lighthound.com/LanyardQuick-Detach-String-Connector_p_753.html

which seems to work okay, but I'm a little uncomfortable with the quick release. It's not like it's poorly made, not a bit. But I still feel like I could accidentally release it, sending my EDC flying toward the concrete.

What I was hoping to find was something like this

http://www.lanyardsupply.com/lanyards/loop/1L/1-2-3-loop-steel-wire-leashes.htm

the 2-loop model, but only about 3-4" long. Anybody see such a thing in that length?

tony22

Newly Enlightened
I don't think so. Too bulky. When I'm wearing business clothes the keys are already taking up enough space. I thought a nice strong, thin 2-loop type thingie from my key ring to my EDC would be a slick way to go.

tony22

Newly Enlightened
I did look at that. I didn't call, but based on what I saw online it looked like the minimum order was 50 pieces. :sigh:

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll be receiving all kinds of lanyard accessories over the next few weeks/months. Keep an eye glued to my site. I may start carrying paracord if the lanyard bit business takes off.