Energizer Tough Case

wakemare

Newly Enlightened
Hey all. Now I'm not into cheap nasty flashlights. I own many surefire, jetbeam, novatac and sunwayman lights. But I was at my local hardware store the other day n saw an energizer tough case light. I will get some pics and formal review up soon. But. Wow. Cool light for the money. Au$39, 75 linen rating. Red leds and green as well as 50% white. 125 degree angle head movement. Quite cool:) surprising really cos I've never seen energizer do anything cool but this is a good start. Wish the whole thing was aircraft grade aluminum and jesting. Instead of rubber and plastic. Also wish it was 18650 rechargeable.

Norm

Retired Administrator
75 lumens is plenty bright enough for most applications, I looked at one of these in KMart last week, seems like a great choice for non Flashaholics.

I still remember how impressed I was when I received my original HDS Basic XR GT 40, 40 lumens WOW it was the brightest light I'd ever owned.

Norm

Serial Chiller

Newly Enlightened
In Germany we have these shops where everything costs 1€. Don't know if they are known to the rest of the world. Anyway, recently I found a really nice flashlight at one of these shops. If it would have had a better emitter, an aluminium body, O-rings, different Batteries, a better reflector, smaller size, a better switch and a better UI, I really would have bought it. It seems like the cheapo-producers are actually catching up.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
When you are working on a car and drop a fancy $75 200 lumen light and beat it all up you wish you had been using a $20 75 lumen light that would just bounce around and you could wipe it off and keep going. I like lower output tough LED lights as you spend less time changing batteries and worrying about them than using them.

wakemare

Newly Enlightened
Yeah like I said I primarily use my Olight m21 or jetbeam rrt1 I ALWAYS have my rrt0 in my pocket. Every day. Lol. But yeah I would never have bought the Energizer but I just thought that yeah there will b times when I don't want my rrt1 covered in mud or oil. That's not to say I baby my lights but I just love the angle head on the energizer. I like that its pretty bright for a cheap light. And all in all its usaoble.

Lol. HDS 40 lumens. I so wanted one of those back in the day. Lol. Now I have a novatac 120p and its beautiful lol

Latest posts