The Official "I want a 4Sevens/Quark NEUTRAL XML" Thread :)

AusKipper

Enlightened
Just wondering how much interest there is out there?

I would pay $100 for a Quark TurboX Neutral with a flat tail cap if they would just make it.

My current EDC is the Quark Turbo with flat tail cap but if I could kick up the lumens and improve the tint with an Neutral XML emitter in it....

When I emailed 4Sevens about it a while ago they said they had no plans to bring one in at that stage. I'm hoping this thread can change that :p

*So far*
Auskipper wants TurboX
Mrlysle wants an unspecified one
Holygeez03 wants a AA Tactical
Tbenidict wants a AA Quark of some description
Kyhunter says lack of Neutral is stopping his purchases from 4Sevens
JS82 wants a 1xAA
Psychbeat wants a Mini 123
Vesper says lack of Neutral is stopping his purchases from 4Sevens
JBM wants an unspecified one.
Burntoshine says lack of Neutral is stopping his purchases from 4Sevens
OfficerSheepDog says lack of Neutral is stopping his purchases from 4Sevens

Last edited:

holygeez03

Enlightened
AA Tactical optimized for use with 14500 please. My Neutron 1A is close, but would prefer tactical switch and Quark quality.

Should also work well with 2xAA tube and Eneloops.

I currently own a Quark AA2 Tactical Neutral w/XP-G and I love it, but the XM-L extra lumens and wider beam would be ideal.

AusKipper

Enlightened
AA Tactical optimized for use with 14500 please. My Neutron 1A is close, but would prefer tactical switch and Quark quality.

Should also work well with 2xAA tube and Eneloops.

I currently own a Quark AA2 Tactical Neutral w/XP-G and I love it, but the XM-L extra lumens and wider beam would be ideal.

Ahh, you got lucky. The main reason I want 4Sevens to do the neutral is purely be cause I think the UI in the Turbo (same as tactical) is the best UI since sliced bread. (do so also really love the form factor of my Turbo) If I had a Neutral XP-G emitter in a Quark Tactical I would probably be fairly happy right now :p

That neutral run had sold out by the time I found out about it though :(

tbenedict

Enlightened
I would really like a newer neutral Quark, but I'm not sure if XPG or XML would be my vote. I'm a AA/14500 fan and value beam quality and runtime over sheer output.

dj:litestick

Newly Enlightened
I was going to start the thread myself; but thought to myself, I love both my Turbo X already and love the wide throwy beam of them. One already has the pee tint and that was close enough to neutral. Maybe I may just be down for a warm (not neutral) 2x123 X tactical version.

Vesper

Enlightened
The lack of neutral and warm tints have stopped any of my purchases recently from 4sevens.

Same boat here. I emailed them a few months back and asked if any were on the horizon and their answer boiled down to, "duh, it says limited doesn't it...".

holygeez03

Enlightened
The lack of neutral and warm tints have stopped any of my purchases recently from 4sevens.

Same here... I like the UI and battery options of Quarks and Zebralight... but Zebralight has been getting all of my flashlight money because of their neutral versions... and will get more as soon as they release the SC600w.

I also went ahead and bought the Neutron 1A Neutral since I have no confidence that Four Sevens will create neutral XM-L lights.

Wade

Newly Enlightened
Looking for the Warm XMLs I would buy 4 of them - 2 mini X and 2 Quark X.