Klarus XT10 buzzing Noise

Bruno28

Enlightened
Hello everyone,
Today my klarus xt10 arrived, finally.
It's a great flashlight and feels great on the hand!
One thing I noticed is that when on it has a quiet buzzing noise from the electronics! Is that normal?
On stobe there is no noise, but on max it buzzes! When you lower the output the noise decreases accordingly.

Does anyone also have this problem?

leodanger

Newly Enlightened
My XT10 buzzes very, very slightly. You have to have the thing pressed up to your ear to hear it. I really don't find it a problem!

Davebee456

Newly Enlightened
I have the XT10 and yes it buzzeszz on all modes, my new NT20 does not have any buzzing at all, I wonder if this is normal on all the XT 10

Slashman

Newly Enlightened
My 4Seven MiNi's all buzz (whine) on medium so badly that I hate to use them on that setting - what the hell is that buzz and can it be fixed?

I thought it may be the PWM but if the OP's is happening on high then not sure.

Bruno28

Enlightened
Hey, thanks for all the comments!

I sent an email to Klarus just to make sure if its normal.
Then I will let you guys know about it!

Cobrala

Newly Enlightened
i used to have a solarforce xpg dropin that made a buzz so loud that i was afraid to run it. it would get louder and louder until i turned it off. i thought it was going to explode on me! what causes this? transistor switching? pwm?

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also have the same problem.

Oh oh...sounds like a regulation problem. Might be a faulty circuit board or faulty components. But wait, I did a spot check, among all my lights, its the light with the PWM which emits the noise during lower modes, in max the buzzing stops.

PWM = Buzzing noise?

My Quark and Fenix both do not have PWM and they have absolutely no buzzing in the lower modes. Coincidence? even my Lumintop doesnt have it either.

Oh no, and i was just about to buy an XT10!

Here's a simple test of the PWM regulation, turn it on a lower than max mode then face the beam on an electric fan. If the blades seem to be moving slower, that's PWM right there. :)

Last edited:

Bruno28

Enlightened
Is PWM a frequency at which the light blinks?
Because what I realized is that if I put the light on low and I move it up and down quickly, I see that the led does not have a constant light. With my eyes I see many LEDs as if they are blinking very quickly and when I do the same with my fenix it does not happen. Seems to be a constant light output. Also the fenix does not make any noise.

But I would still recommend the Klarus xt10. It's a really good light.

Roswellbliss

Newly Enlightened
I hvae a few XT10's in my posessions and I am noticing a VERY slight hum more so than a buzz if I put it right up against my ear. I wish it was a little louder so everyone would here it when I draw it and I wish it made that same rushing through the air noise darth vaders light saber makes. :) Seriously it is there if you REALLY listen for it but it does not detract from the light at all. I am going to check some of my other lights and see if they do the same thing. Lets put it this way, If someone had not posted about it here I probably would have never noticed it.