Streamlight twintask 2L vs. 3C question

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Playboy Joe Shmoe posted a most excellent review between the lights but the 3C incandescent beam shot was separate from the rest. If anybody could answer, I would like to know the intensity of the xenon beams between the two lights. I am considering one or both as gifts. I would assume at 6V vs. 4.5, the 2L might produce a brighter xenon light. For long distance relatives the 3C might be a bit more practical due to the availability of batteries.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always choose lithium over alkaline but cost and ability of the giftee's to obtain them might be a problem. I can't see how an alkaline can outperform a lithium.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know and agree for personal preferences. The cost of lithium's is not that much these days but I have plenty of relatives (parent's for one) who will/are not going to buy anything over the Internet.

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
FlashlightReviews.com has an excellent write-up on them.

Basically, the 2L and 3C are the nicest, but the 3C is by far brighter and runs MUCH longer than the 2L.

I have a 3C and a 2L myself to compare them to contemplate gifts (the old BUY THEM BOTH bit me). I would hands down recommend the 3C as a good choice for a gift. I sold the 2L and kept the 3C for myself as well.

THE ONLY DRAWBACK to the twin-task lights is the LED's are quite blueish compared to almost all my LED lights. I wouldn't mind replacing them with some whiter LED's, but I'm not feeling adventerous.

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
the 3c has a more powerful xenon beam.. i believe it's almost twice as bright actually..

i base this on Quickbeam's review..

streamlight_tt_incandescent.jpg

1L - 345 lux
2L - 700 lux
3AA - 400 lux
3C - 1300 lux
2D - 720 lux

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
no problemo.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gifafter you reminded me of it i figured he'd be more tempted to check the review if he could see some beamshots..

also:
the beamshots and lux ratings for the led settings of the twin task series are available in that review.. in case you're interested in them.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks everybody. For me I would probably go with the 2L due to the size factor and the broader incandescent beam for everyday tasks but based on what I see, I will probably the get the 3C as a gift. I will have to try hard to avoid the buy them both temptation given the lights I already own, but at the prices for these lights, you still can't go wrong.

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
geepondy said:
The cost of lithium's is not that much these days but I have plenty of relatives (parent's for one) who will/are not going to buy anything over the Internet.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good point. If I give flashlights as gifts to non-flashaholics, I make sure that they take standard alkaline batteries. Otherwise, the flashlight will just get abandoned as soon as the first set of batteries goes dead.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would be interested in a xenon run time graph for the 3C. The lithiums sort of semi-regulate themselves but the alkalines dim steadily. Or because it's 3 C's will it remain at a steady brightness for quite some time before starting the alkaline dim cycle?

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Look in the Reviews Forum. look in the Runtime Plot sticky or do a search on the Reviews Forum for "Run-Time Plot".