Want a bigger light, suggestions?

boboboy

Newly Enlightened
Hey,

A couple of weeks ago i bought my first Led Flashlight a Sunwayman M10R R5 and i am really happy with it. But, it is small!
Now i want a bigger Led light somewhere around the size of the Maglite
that takes two D-cells.

I have been looking at the Fenix TK50 and iTP A6 Polestar.
They both seem like something i could buy,
but now i turn to you guys,
because you are obviously more experienced in this area than me.
What do you think i should go for?

i want the most amount of light for the least amount of cash ;)
should have more lumens then my M10R and more throw! :)

thanks!

Ian2381

Enlightened
I would suggest the TK41. If you want power and throw using AAs then this is the light you are looking for.

mmace1

Enlightened
I also vote the TK41.

Compared to TK60. Output and (I believe) head/emitter are the same. As are the output levels. So it's the same light, just with a different power source. That different source means the TK41 has shorter runtimes at each level (but very long anyway, so it doesn't matter). It also though makes for a more manageable size, and since it takes AA - a lot cheaper to buy decent batteries/a charger for. Rechargable D batteries are still fairly "specialty", so expensive, as are the chargers. TK60 is also far larger than a 2D Maglite. So big that sans cost...at that size, I'd probably just go for a TK70.

Compared to the ITP a6 Polestae. TK41 is more expensive, but a bit brighter and with better runtimes due to among other things, taking 8 AA batteries instead of 6. Since you're looking for a bigger/better light - I'd suggest just going all the way and getting the TK41. I've not checked the specs, but I believe a TK41 is smaller than a 2D maglite anyway, and an ITP A6 even more so. So since you want a bigger/badder light - why not go for one closer to the size you specified, and one that is vastly more popular among all the flashlight sages here?

Last edited: