Brightest key chain torch?

EnterTheSwamp

Newly Enlightened
I'm pretty sure that I will be purchasing the zebra 600 as my go to torch, but I also need a key chain torch that I can take to work with me. Size obviously is a huge factor, as well as it's ability to be much brighter than the flash on an iPhone which is my current "key chain" light. I would like it to be smaller than 3" if possible. Your suggestions are much appreciated.

tolkaze

Enlightened
My goto bright keychain light is 4sevens miniX

my usual keychain light is 47's mini CR2 W

Really depends on what you consider bright, and what you consider large. You could use any number of AAA sized lights with a 10440 if it was supported and pull over 200 lumens out of something about the size of a AA battery. The flash on the iphone is okay, but probably only in the 20 - 30 lumens range and all flood. Get something in the 80 - 100 lumen range with a small reflector and you will definately notice the difference.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm pretty sure that I will be purchasing the zebra 600 as my go to torch, but I also need a key chain torch that I can take to work with me. Size obviously is a huge factor, as well as it's ability to be much brighter than the flash on an iPhone which is my current "key chain" light. I would like it to be smaller than 3" if possible. Your suggestions are much appreciated.

My vote goes to the iTP A3 Upgraded or the Olight A3, its less than a finger's length, runs on AAA's but goes out to 200+ lumens on a Li-ion 10440.

joe1512

Enlightened
I use a Quark MiniX 123 with a Rechargable CR123 battery. It is 2.3 inches long, but kind of fat. Still, it fits nicely with my keychain.

Id estimate over 300 lumens output as it is about 40% overdriven, using a 4.3V RCR123 instead of a 3.0V CR123. Much easier to charge and keep topped off obviously. It does have a lot of flood and a big hotspot.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you didn't mind waiting a few months you could have 500 lumens from a 10440 keychain torch.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...umen-AAA-Flashlight-(photos)-Work-In-Progress

I dont think the 10440 (AAA size) li-on cell can deliver 6~8 watts of power at this point in time. Technology allows for XM-L to easily deliver 6~8 watts of power, but the cell will be drained at nearly 2A to do so. Cell sag will definitely be an issue.

I direct drive my 10440 cells on my ITP and DQG II all the time. Essentially driving the XP-G R5's in direct drive mode which results in 250 real OTF lumens for a split second at least. The 4Sevens Preon off 10440 net me 300 OTF momentarily too, but quickly drop back to low 200 OTF within seconds.

bigC

I recommend you investigate the 1xAAA "Ray" S20 XP-G. Stainless steel body. LOP reflector. It can safely handle a 3.7v 10440 li-ion cell (or whatever other chemistry you care to feed it). The beam tint on mine is snow white (about 6000K), and the output is indistinguishable from other 200 (emitter) lumen rated lights in my inventory. When using a 1.2v NiMH cell, the light outputs about 80 lumens (calibrated using my Mark One, Mod One eyeball).

Use the "search" feature to find other threads; read up on the community's collective comments; and make a decision.

Let us know what you decide.

savumaki

Enlightened
My vote goes to the iTP A3 Upgraded or the Olight A3, its less than a finger's length, runs on AAA's but goes out to 200+ lumens on a Li-ion 10440.

Alas it is no more.
I have two and went to order more but Olight have removed the very thing I liked-the key chain attach point.