Zebralight SC60 is being discontinued.

Shenanigans

Newly Enlightened
I apologize if this is already common knowledge around here. Figured I'd give a heads up to anyone who likes them, because I love mine. Just need to decide if I'm going to order 1 or 2 more SC60W's.

(From E-mail)

Department: Sales

Subject: Is the SC60 series being discontinued?

The SC60 is discontinued. We have only several SC60's left (on sale right now).

Sincerely,

Lillian Xu
ZebraLight, Inc.
8320 Sterling Street
Irving, TX 75063

mrlysle

Enlightened
I already ordered a second SC60w just because I like it so much! I hope they don't discontinue it, it's really a superb light.

Glock27

Enlightened
Wow...this is the best general production 18650 EDC light Ever! Yes, the SC600 is brighter, but it's also bigger. The SC60w has a great tint, great size, great clip, great ruggedness and great waterproofness.......the all around perfect light. IMHO
It will be a sad cpf day that they are no longer available.

G27

Last edited:

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is clearly not enough demand for 18650 lights if they're not selling enough of this model to justify keeping it.

I guess the AA models must be the majority of their sales.

--flatline

OfficerSheepDog

Newly Enlightened
Dam,,,,, I really thought that there are enough of us now, I sincerly hope this does not effect their judgement on more 18650 lights, but i know it will ;(

Shenanigans

Newly Enlightened
Wow...this is the best general production 18650 EDC light Ever! Yes, the SC600 is brighter, but it's also bigger. The SC60w has a great tint, great size, great clip, great ruggedness and great waterproofness.......the all around perfect light. IMHO
It will be a sad cpf day that they are no longer available.

G27

I couldn't agree more. I use this light every single day night, mostly for work, and it has never failed me. The UI is simple, for me the brightness levels are perfect, and I know I'm saving battery life by using the lowest setting possible for a given task. Also the anodizing has really impressed me, barely a mark on it and I have not babied this light. I even use the tailcap to open bottles on a regular basis and I'm amazed how well it has held up. I did a LOT of research on this forum before I purchased my first "real" flashlight (SC60W) about 6 months ago, and to this day I can't really justify another purchase. Justified or not, I do plan on buying an SC600w, Q50W, possibly a Jetbeam PA40, an IV flashlight in neutral if/when it exists, and something in 2aa...

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok ok, you guys convinced me. I have been contemplating getting one of these for quite some time anyways. The sale, and you guys, put me over the edge. I ordered a SC60w on closeout from IlluminationGear last nite. Should be here in a couple of days. It looks like I may have gotten their last one! :ironic: Today, they show out-of-stock on them. (just the w model) Ah-ooh...

mrlysle

Enlightened
Ok ok, you guys convinced me. I have been contemplating getting one of these for quite some time anyways. The sale, and you guys, put me over the edge. I ordered a SC60w on closeout from IlluminationGear last nite. Should be here in a couple of days. It looks like I may have gotten their last one! :ironic: Today, they show out-of-stock on them. (just the w model) Ah-ooh...

WOW! Thats just great! I was going to order another one from them, and YOU got the last one!!!!!!!! JK! Glad you got one! It's a great light. I normally don't buy two of the same light unless I really like it, and I did in fact get a second SC60w from Tod just last month. I'll keep that baby new in the box until the one I carry now gives up the ghost or is lost. I think you'll really like it! Let us know what you think when you get it, and Grats!

scout24

Flashaholic
Sad to see it go. Only got mine recently, after experiencing the sc51w and liking it. SC60w is just more of a good thing! Tiny for an 18650 light, and the ZL "w" tints seem remarkably consistent. I'm guessing it just wasn't a huge seller... :(

MashBill

Newly Enlightened
Too bad. The SC60 and SC60w are my "go to" lights. I hope they replace them with something new. I have a SC600, but I find it's too big to EDC for all situations.

Philonous

Newly Enlightened
My guess is that between the SC600 and the upcoming T3 & T5, ZL just don't see a role for the SC60 in their current line-up. The T3 & T5 will seemingly be as bright, shorter, and run on 1 x CR123 and 1 x AA respectively. The only snag I can see for SC60 lovers is that they're tail clicky operated.

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only direct competition the SC60 had or was going to have (due to it's UI and taking 18650s) was the SC600...and that's a much bigger light and far less EDCable.

Maybe I should order another one. :(

Glock27

Enlightened
M...U...S...T...Resist... You all are not making it easy to keep from purchasing an SC60w before they are gone...

You will not be disappointed if you order one! The SC60w is the first light I ever bought more than 2 of. I would go a far as to say that it is the greatest production 18650 light ever made!

G27

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh why do I read these threads? I was going to skip the SC60W to get a SC600W (brightness and runtimes are MUCH more impressive), but you guys are making a good point on size... now I'm making paper tubes to compare the sizes! I was supposed to only order 2 lights this month...

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast