Best Two Cell Thrower

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
The one with the biggest bezel and smallest emitter. With SMO Reflector and for even more throw with Aspheric.

1jono

Newly Enlightened
Hi,I have the Thrunite Scorpion V2 with the extra turbo head and although not a dedicated thrower it throws very well.It out throws my Lumintop TD15 XP-G R5 which is really good considering the Scorpion uses the larger XML emitter.The reason I like the Scorpion is it throws well and also has a huge usable spill too.

Last edited:

S1LVA

Enlightened
The one with the biggest bezel and smallest emitter. With SMO Reflector and for even more throw with Aspheric.

+1

Search around, there is A LOT of useful information on this forum. I find that it is easier to dig for answers and use the search bar rather than starting multiple threads with similar questions.

BTW, welcome to CPF.

S1LVA

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fine; I will be nice.

The most throw you will and can currently aquire from a 2 cell thrower is the Lumapower D-mini with TurboForce 2.8in SMO reflector. Does over 70K lux with the stock XR-E R2 pill. Lumens should be 220 real OTF.

Now you are probably going to ask for more lumens, but if you do the throw will go down....way down. With XP-G R5 you get 60K lux and 300 OTF. With XM-L you get 500~600 OTF and about 45K lux.

All other lights with big bezels use big emitters so you get even less throw.

bigC

NOREAT

Newly Enlightened
bigC:

Thanks for the suggestion!

Is the reflector still being made? I Googled it, and didn't find anything except for in CPF reviews.

Thanks

Last edited:

swan

Banned
Hard to get, but the jetbeam rrt-1 r2 240 lm throws a long way, 55mm head, smooth reflector.It out throws my bc40 830 lm xml , it has a minor throw adjustment to make the beam more tight [light sabre] and has optional tape switch, lux approx 40000.

NOREAT

Newly Enlightened
S1LVA:

Your suggestion was enough to encourage me to start researching again.

Found some interesting options.

Thanks so much!

Flight_Deck

Enlightened
Tiblo A10. Not the best when it comes to total output, but for putting a lot of light on a target at a distance, this little jewel still out throws most of my twin 18650 XM-L lights. The lux readings on this light are amazing due to an insanely tight hotspot.

S1LVA

Enlightened
I spend a couple of hours each day searching around on the forums :) I have learned so much.

I believe the Lumapower light and Turbo head are available at Battery Junction. I didn't see the R2 version though...

S1LVA

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alot of amazing 40K and 50K lights out there, but none will be over 70K lux like the LumapPower D-mini with TurboForce 66mm SMO bezel and XR-E R2.

What I do is email Rick at Lumapower directly. I order by email and he responds really fast with great customer service. You can order the

[email protected]

• XR-E R2 3 mode pill from rick for 2 cells.
  • 18650 body and tailcap
  • 100% complete ready to work flashlight
  • LumaPower Turbo Force Kit w/ Smooth Reflector - Fits: D-Mini VX Ultra

bigC

NOREAT

Newly Enlightened
Thanks S1LVA and bigC!

I been looking at the ArmyTek Predator, as it seems to be very reliable, and throws well.

NOREAT

Newly Enlightened
Thanks everyone!

Once I get some more suggestions, I will put up a new thread with all of them as a referance for anyone else looking for a thrower.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone mentioned the Solarforce Pro-1 turbohead attached to an L2?

Here we go again:
  • Solarforce Masterpiece Pro-1 XR-E R2 = 55K lux
  • Tiablo A10 XR-E R2 = 50K lux
  • Dereelight DBS XR-E R2 1.2A = 60K lux
So, you see why 70~80K lux with the Lumapower is so much more impressive.

yowzer

Enlightened
Are the light being mentioned reliable enough for S&R?

For a smallish but throwy, reliable light for SAR, I really like the Surefire LX2. While its lux rating isn't as high as some of the mentioned lights, the optic let's it throw well with a small head (nice for carrying in a pack), and in the forest I work in, it's always had more than enough range. And, of course, you can't beat Surefire reliability.