GOOD experiences with Zebra, Let us hear your voices!

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
We hear a lot of talk about bad experiences with Zebra's new line of lights, but I bet a lot of people have never had any bad experiences. Please, share your good experiences. Better yet, tell us how many Zebras you got and for how long and their typical usage. I don't want to hear any bantering about bad experiences, but if you have had a failure you can let us know after how long and how was it resolved? and don't forget to mention the other Zebras in your collection that never had a problem if it's the case!

Here I go:

I got a H51FW and a H31R in late July and they've been working flawlessly ever since. I've used them for a whole week while camping, every night at home and a few times for work. Not abuse or drops so far.

thaugen

Enlightened
I love both my Zebralights! I have an H51fw and an SC51w. Both beautiful lights that are made to run! The SC51w is new, but the headlamp has served me well on many camping and hiking trips. The lights are well made, beautifully designed, great UI, smooth anodizing, and work flawlessly. I have also received excellent customer service and communication from Zebralight. I ordered an SC51 and loved the light, but found the tint a bit too cool for my taste. Zebralight accepted my return without question.

Thanks for starting this thread!

Sparky's Magic

Enlightened
Both my Zebralights ( SC31W. and SC60W.) are flawless with superb warmish beams. Their small size never fails to amaze, especially the SC31W. so tiny, such great output! :twothumbs

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an SC50+, SC51, SC51w, SC60, SC60w, and SC600. I've carried a Zebralight every day for over a year and never had a failure with any of them. They are my favorite brand of light with what I consider the best UI around.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
the only newer ZL i still have is a H31w, and it stays on the headband, carried in my bag. it hasnt seen much use.

but, my early version H501w with H/M/L/S has been put through plenty of use since i got it 2 years ago, and its still going strong.

ive also had a H501, sc50w, and H51w, and never had any problems for the times ive had them.

yowzer

Enlightened
I have an H50, H501w, H51w, SC50w+, and have a SC60w on the way. Never had any issues with any of them, and when I got a SC50w right before the + version was released, Zebralight contacted me and offered to exchange it for the newer one. Use them all quite a bit, dropped them all and otherwise banged them around, and all still working as good as new (Even though they don't all look as good as new any more. Even then, the ZL anodizing rivals Surefire's HA for how well it holds up.)

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for sharing your positive experiences... keep em coming

I have an H50, H501w, H51w, SC50w+, and have a SC60w on the way. Never had any issues with any of them, and when I got a SC50w right before the + version was released, Zebralight contacted me and offered to exchange it for the newer one. Use them all quite a bit, dropped them all and otherwise banged them around, and all still working as good as new (Even though they don't all look as good as new any more. Even then, the ZL anodizing rivals Surefire's HA for how well it holds up.)

Would be interesting to see some pictures of the Zebras that took some beating, always reassuring to see lights that are mistreated more than mine and still work.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
All my experiences have been good. 3 SC30Ws, although only one has really been used, and it is the one that had the you-know-what beat out of it in thaugen's post. You have to really look closely to see that it has been abused! SC600 - regular dog walk duty. SC50+ hasn't been used a lot, but no problems. SC51W - one of my favorite lights - use it often at night as a pocket light when sleeping - nice, neutral/warm tint at around 170 lumen off an AA battery. SC60W - doesn't see a lot of use, but when I do I am always impressed by the beautiful beam.

So you wanna see a photo? Look a the torture thread thaugen mentioned, but here's a sample:
P1030145.JPG

enkidu

Newly Enlightened
Recently got my h51fw and I'm definitely feeling like I hit the jackpot. Love the size, the great ui, great range of brightnesses, especially love the super low option. I like it so much that I started wearing it on my waistband, the first time I've ever done that. Now if they'd just scale down to a AAA light with a comparable range of brightnesses and a simplified UI, I might go all zebra.

jak

Enlightened
Zebralight is my favorite brand.

I love my H51Fw! By far, my most useful light. Amazing for close proximity house, car, and yard projects. The build, feel, and performance is positively solid in my experience.

I offered my brother, for his birthday, his choice of any of my lights. He choose my Zebralight SC51. (Wow, that hurt.)

My wishlist always seems to have a ZL or 2 on it.

Lighteous

Enlightened
My first ZebraLight was an SC600 purchased primarily because of the positive comments of other CPF members. Prior to obtaining my SC600 I avoided them because they did not aesthetically appeal to me. After obtaining my SC600, and being VERY pleased with it, I looked at other models. I ended up buying an SC51 and and SC31. I carry the SC51 the most but have been known to carry the SC31 (or both at the same time) as well. And I am very happy with their aesthetics once seeing them in person. I love the UI on ZL's. It's my favorite UI of all of my many lights!

I love all of the ZL's and despite the OP's urging to avoid telling of any bad experience, I don't have any bad ZebraLight experiences to share.

Glock27

Enlightened
My first ZebraLight was an H50. I still use it most everyday at work doing HVAC. I liked it so much better than other headlights I bought a spare that still rides in my truck in case I lose or break the primary one.
I then bought an H501w and then a spare for that one. I use an H501w every night at home and weekends (camping, floating, etc.) I got an H501r for astronomy.
I got an H60 which I sold to a friend to fund an H60w when they came out.
I have EDC'd an SC60w since Feb. 9th. I leave it on at least Low-1 all the time. I cycle at least 2 cells ( down to ~3.8V) through it daily. It spent lots of time in the pool this summer and has a total of 5,100+ hours of runtime on the LED to date. I have since acquired several more SC60w's as backup. I could never imagine not having one clipped to my left front pocket.
I have never had a Zebralight fail on me. I did send an H501w back because of a cracked lens. I received a new light with new UI in return.

G27

whiteoakjoe

Enlightened
I purchased a ZL H51Fc several months ago and love the light, It has made 1 trip through the washing-machine and drier so far and only came out cleaner. Will be getting a SC50w soon.

chicken dave

Newly Enlightened
I had an H501w that I loved. It failed after about a year, and Zebralight replaced it with an H501w+. It's been going strong for almost a year now, along with an SC50w that I've carried daily for almost a year with no issues. My only complaint is that the replacement took about six weeks - I felt lost without my H501. I love Zebra, and plan to purchase more when they finally get the warm XM-L models out.

Dave

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an H50, H501, H501w, SC50w, SC51, SC51w, H51w and a SC60w on the way. I sold an SC50 and another SC51w I had for backup. Do I even have to say.. that I love my Zebras. I have not had an issue with any of them. All of them have been used enough to demonstrate reliability. Right now, either my SC51w or the H51w is with me at all times. I'm also patiently waiting for the SC600w. :)

mrlysle

Enlightened
I have an SC51, H51fw, two SC60w's, and a SC600. They all work great. The SC600 gets rotated with a HDS rotary, but stiill gets carried and used at least a couple weeks a month. I also always have an SC60w clipped in my pocket. BEAUTIFUL beam and tint on those warm Zebra's! I use my H51fw anytime I need a headlamp, and it's my favorite, beating out Petzl's and some others. No failures or glitches so far, and the ZL UI is also my favorite! As soon as the SC600w is readily available, I hope to get a couple of those as well.

SC300TWINTURBO

Newly Enlightened
I'm new to the forum and by stating my wants and needs as a professional mechanic who does tons of engine and transmissions swap every day, I was directed in the direction of purchasing a ZebraLight SC600. I've just received it yesterday and this thing rocks! It's bar far tons and tons of light for heavy mechanic work. SC600 is small too so you can easily hold it with one hand. This light is so well, I'm (Lead Mechanic) telling my fellow mechanics that works under me to get this light. Loving the SC600! Thanks for shooting me in the right directions!

beach honda

Enlightened
I picked up an sc31w at the beginning of this month from going gear and it's been in my pocket everyday since. Powering it with AW RCR123. I absolutely love the low low and the UI. I have taken it with me in the pool several times among it's other tests to see if it's fit for EDC. A lot of folks that I show it to seem to want one immediately.
No problems to report.

tygger

Enlightened
H50, H501, H501w, H501r, SC51w. Some have taken a lot of abuse and all still function flawlessly.