p60 question please HELP!!!

mbreckner

Newly Enlightened
So i'm putting together a light for a guy and I'm going to use a p60 host (not sure which yet) with a one 18650 set up. I'm having a problem with the drop in though...:thinking:
He wants a high, medium or low, and tactical strobe three level drop in. I've been looking everywhere for a good option but I can't find anything suitable. If someone like nailbender made something close i'd be all over it (depending on price, want to stay below $30-$40). Also as far as OTF performance I'm looking for some pretty hefty power, I want him to say "oh wow" when I give it to him. However he is not a flashlight guy so it probably wont take too much. I just want something better than this drop in... http://www.manafont.com/product_inf...ry-led-dropin-module-42v-max-p-5273?rp=161376. If there isn't a 3 mode like what he wants then I'll just tell him no strobe or a 5 mode, any recomendation is welcome!

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking that if your friend was not looking for a momentary on feature then you could get by with a Solarforce XM-L 5 mode from Lighthound. I have the single mode version and it is outstandingly bright...they are however, designed to run on 6 volts or less so no RCR123s. Heck you could even get the host there too. I have two Solarforce hosts myself and think quite highly of them.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you can ditch the strobe, Deerelight makes a nice 3 mode XPG R5 P60 drop-in. You want the 3SD XPG R5 2.8V-4.2V drop-in. Their P60 drop-in has decent throw for an XPG.

purelite

Enlightened
Thrunite dropin is great for the money . No strobe though. Thats gonna make it more complicated. It is an XML and has the wow factor though and price is reasonable with different voltage ranges to boot

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought Nailbender did offer a Hi-Lo-Strobe drop in... I could be wrong... I've got a Hi-Lo-Strobe sitting around here somewhere... I forgot who made it though...

goose2283

Newly Enlightened
I have a pretty bright MC-E dropin from DX that goes high-low-strobe. I was in a similar situation not too long ago, and found this one. I'll try to find the SKU and post it here.

It's not the greates beam, being MC-E, but it's plenty bright for a P60.

mbreckner

Newly Enlightened
if nailbender makes a drop in like that i'd really like to know where I can buy it! and goose good option but that drop in doesn't review very well... I keep trying to tell the guy who I'm making this light for "stupid bright works way better than strobe" but he wants a strobe....