So can I claim credit for the A2 price decrease?

Gandalf

Enlightened
Since I started the rather long thread titled 'Boycott the A2!', the price has gone from $225 down to as low as some preorders at $140.

What's today's price from SureFire on the A2, BTW?

$150 was what I figured the A2 'would or should' sell for. And now, it is.....

Cause and effect? No I think the bad economy can take credit for the price decrease.

Obviously, SureFire got far, far fewer orders for the A2 at the outrageous price of $225 than they were expecting.
twak.gif
My heart just bleeds...

Consequently, they did the smart thing: decreased the price to a much more reasonable level.

And, SureFire certainly isn't losing any money selling the A2 at the lower price. It may take them longer to recover their R&D costs, but that's life in the free market economy; during a recession.
icon3.gif

It's *still* very expensive, but no longer absolutely outrageously priced. Who knows; I might just buy one, at the 'bargain' price of $150.
bluesigh.gif

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gandalf..I'm with you completely but my gut tells me that the A2 may be a "pig in a poke". I've not seen any analysis of a pre-production model and all I hear is conjecture.

WIth new model cars, it's wise to wait until the next model year so the mfg can work out the bugs. Your $140 may best stay in your pocket until SF has refined the light or, at least, the reviews are in.

Marty

Gandalf

Enlightened
Originally posted by Marty Weiner:
Gandalf..I'm with you completely but my gut tells me that the A2 may be a "pig in a poke". I've not seen any analysis of a pre-production model and all I hear is conjecture.

WIth new model cars, it's wise to wait until the next model year so the mfg can work out the bugs. Your $140 may best stay in your pocket until SF has refined the light or, at least, the reviews are in.

Marty
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Very sound advice. I don't plan to buy one right away; and I can't afford it anyway. I'll wait and see how the light performs.

Even at the 'bargain; price of $150, that's the cost of *2* E2e-HA's, or even better, an E2e, a Kl1, and quite a bit of money left over for batteries. I'm going to need a *lot* of convincing before I part with that much of my hard earned money.
bluedead.gif

Gandalf

Enlightened
Originally posted by MicroE:
Gandalf---I already gave you credit when I started the thread here.....

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=003314

I apologize for not naming you specifically and for putting the recognition in the last sentence. No offense intended.
grin.gif

---Marc
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">No offence taken. I only read little bits and pieces of that thead, and didn't see any inferred reference to my post, anyway.

And I still wouldn't have been offended, in any event.
icon3.gif

Very gracious of you, though.
icon14.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Gandalf:

Obviously, SureFire got far, far fewer orders for the A2 at the outrageous price of $225 than they were expecting.
twak.gif
My heart just bleeds...

Consequently, they did the smart thing: decreased the price to a much more reasonable level.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Well done Gandalf!

Out of curiousity, How many orders did SF have; before and after your timely wake up call?
grin.gif

- Don