UF-H2B question

saypat

Enlightened

I got this great little floody light at a group buy for a great price. The only bad thing about it is that the SOS mode is OSO. Is this a usual thing on this type of light? Wondering why it was sent out like this instead of being corrected? It's a terrific lil flood light, well built, magnetic base, with the brightness ramping feature. Any other satisfied owners?
Just putting this here as it is my first attempt at inserting a picture. There are a few steps involved :duh2:

ufh2b.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Last edited:

Enlightened
There really is no reason why it is OSO instead of being a SOS, it's just like that for 18 bucks shipped with registered air mail....together with the 110Hz PWM. The low is pretty low for a budgetlight, it's about 2 lumens probably but that's really dim because it is a 90 deg floodlight with no hotspot.
You may wish to look at Zebralights if you want high-quality lights of this style. :)

ToyTank

Enlightened
If you actually needed and used the SOS strobe no one who would be watching and could read it is going to think "who is OSO?". Many of my budget lights/P60 drop-ins do this. Most also have no breaks so it would be read OSOSOSOSOSO...etc. which except in the first and last letter is the same as SOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOS...Anyone reading in the middle will read SOS either way.

Also I agree you get what you pay for. You can't have it all for $18 bucks!

Latest posts